Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Clickers. Who uses one?  (Read 4985 times)

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clickers. Who uses one?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »
I've been shooting the Clickety-Click model for about 15 years now. I use them on all my bows, hunting and 3-d. You will quickly learn if you are overbowed!

I first put one on to cure the short drawing syndrome (I was overbowed). Now I find that the main thing it does for me is MAKES me concentrate on each shot all the way through. It also keeps you from "collapsing" at release, which I see a lot of shooters do.

Give one a try, it may be the best $15 bucks you spend this year!

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
As an option to McDave and the suggesteed knot to tie, I just pull the string straight through the bowstring-then tie an overhand knot in the end. You can adjust the knot placement until you get the draw length correct, then burn the end. Small changes in DL can then be made by sliding the knot up or down the string. I finish by serving above and below the knot with dental floss.

Offline BigCnyn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
I been told that I shoot it incorect, but. I have mine set up to click at 29". I set my hand, Draw,set my "gap" or my "feel", begin to draw again, when the thing clicks, I release, dont think about release, its just gone. I dont have Panic, I am learning to get to an anchor, then expand. My shooting has dramatically improved this way. Mine is set up with velcro, one piece on the bow, one on the "crick-it". I can untie the knot from the crickit, and leave the string in the bowstring. Taking the crickit off, and put it on another bow. the set up stays the same and it is mobile.

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
Virtually all world class and Olympic shooters use clickers.  That should tell you something.

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
Ol' Alan (A.S.) is one of the best shooters I've had the pleasure to shoot with.  The clicker works great for him.  He even gave one to me to play with.  I think I might play with it again this year.  Another fun thing about the clicker is the cool Springs Gang here in Va loves to make click noises when Alan approches full draw.   :biglaugh:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
I think you can see it in this photo. I use flemish twist strings and I just run the line thru the bundles of the string. I get it close to my draw length and then cut off all but about 1/2", then burn the end and fine tune by pulling it one way or the other, just afraction at a time. I dont tie a knot or serve over or under and its never moved. If you use endless strings it may be something else but with the flemish twist its solid.

BigCyn....sound to me like your shooting it the way it supposed to work  :thumbsup:  Great idea on the velcro too.
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
NOOK....thats just plain mean!!!
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Feel the love Yohon!!! I get no respect on the 3D range with those guys!!! LOL

Lets go get some bunnies soon, Nook.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »
You actually can't hear mine.It's the same clicker but I made it quiet.When it does click,you can feel it in the handle of the bow,it's like a little "thump" and the arrow is loosed.   :campfire:

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
Hey Dirty Bill, can you give any tips on silencing your clicker? I put stick on moleskin on all parts, and seems to do pretty well. I've had a couple that were just naturally quieter than others.

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
I don't even know what a clicker is.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
I think I will have to try one. I am needing to establish a consoistent draw and anchor.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by A.S.:
Hey Dirty Bill, can you give any tips on silencing your clicker? I put stick on moleskin on all parts, and seems to do pretty well. I've had a couple that were just naturally quieter than others.
I tried moleskin,but I had better luck with rubber dip. I sent you an e mail.   :campfire:

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Greg Owen:
I think I will have to try one. I am needing to establish a consoistent draw and anchor.
Your shooting will improve tremendously.   :campfire:

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »
DB, that would be awesome if you can do a post and explain it to everyone!

Thanks again,
Allen

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
I made a traditional clicker out of sinew and beaver teeth that fits in my pocket...can't wait to try it out on Allen...might be shootin' against him in the recurve class this year, and will need a tactical advantage  :saywhat:

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
Darryl, don't think you have anything to worry about. Can't wait to get to Dixie to start shooting. Looks like we are going to miss the first shoot as it's the same day as our rabit hunt. I'll be there in Feb, hopefully with a new bow.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
I'll do one up tomorrow.I didn't get a chance to get the stuff today.   :campfire:

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
I picked up some spray rubber coat at Lowe's (that's all they had). I'm in the process of coating mine now. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
ttt
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©