3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Posing a picture.  (Read 232 times)

Online woodsman196

• Trad Bowhunter
Posing a picture.
« on: November 14, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »
When you guys are taking pictures of your take, what ever that may be, what do you try and do to make a nice photo? I hunt by myself often so I am looking for advise on taking pictures with out someone in them that don't look like pictures of a dead animal I just found in the woods.
"Going to the woods is going home." John Muir

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Posing a picture.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Whereas this should probably be in the photography forum, I'll try and help anyway. I would certainly prop up the head on a rock or a stick or something----then we can all see how big it is. Make sure you fill the whole frame with the subject, and put your bow and maybe the kill arrow in the shot. If your using an SLR, you can adjust the exposure a bit according to light conditions---less exposure for direct sunlight and more for darker conditions----and a warming filter helps a lot, too.

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Posing a picture.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »
Hold the head to one side out of line with your body,that way all parts of the antlers show up better. Keep the camera lower,pointing slightly upward. Oh,and be sure to smile,the guys in the Gang hate it when you dont smile.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©