Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: When should the gap be set?  (Read 563 times)

Offline kh29smokes88

• Trad Bowhunter
When should the gap be set?
« on: January 16, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
I have been trying to gap shoot and am able to see the tip of the arrow during pre-draw but once I'm at anchor I can no longer see it let alone tell how many inches to hold under/over... just curious as to how all of you are doing it?

Offline BigCnyn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: When should the gap be set?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
I guess I will explain the way I do it. I figure my yardage to the target, then knowing my approximate gap, I see it first, start to draw, anchor, the focus has shifted to the "spot", while in the peripheral, I still know the "gap" I needed. It kinda goes off on its own..Start close and wok on it, holding at different gaps. If that even helps... Brian

Online toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: When should the gap be set?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 05:20:00 AM »
Kh- it is a trained thing at first.  It is not natural for our eye's to see two things at one time.  We have to focus on it at first, then bam our mind remember through repitition.  I always explain it like this, point at a object.  Now, you didn't have to think about it, but you just put your finger on it without taking your eye off, because through your life you trained yourself to do it.  Another way is the classic baseball throw (as has been stated many times).  Through pratice you learned by looking at the 1st baseman, your mind calculates the distance and hand eye coordination your body releases the ball at the right trajectory and speed to get it there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©