Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Fine tuning my ACS ?????  (Read 688 times)

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Fine tuning my ACS ?????
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm quickly finding that my new ACS needs a stiffer arrow than my recurves. I know they say you can build out the side plate to help stiffen the arrows, but how much is too much?

Also, any recommendations for a carbon shaft for my 49@27 ACS (I'm drawing just under 27")?

I would like to stay between 8-9 gpp.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fine tuning my ACS ?????
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
Assuming you're going to cut them to around 28 to 29", Carbon Express 150s with a 145gr field point should fly well for you.  At that length they should be plenty stiff.

I'm clueless on the side plate issue.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mczilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
I have an ACS, and since they are cut well past center building the side-plate out does a lot to accommodate arrow spine. You can try something as simple as layering tape or band-aids to move it out until your arrows are flying better. Small changes on the plate can make a big difference down-range. I kind of wish the riser was tapped for a plunger, it would make the fine-tuning a lot easier.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
For me, it takes a build out of around .200 when shooting standard size carbon to obtain correct centershot, with the 14'' risers.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
Thank you Rod, I thought I had seen you say that before. I just wasn't sure of the measurement.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©