Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: What is causing this?  (Read 562 times)

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
What is causing this?
« on: March 05, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
I just got to looking over my bow over the weekend. I noticed that the felt that is under my string on my upper limb tip is pushed off to the side. It might be hard to explain, but it looks like the string is not hitting in the middle of the limb when I shot, but is making its way over to the string grove. The felt is pushed over to the one side. The bottom limb does not have this going on. I unstrung the bow and layed it on a flat surface and the limbs do not appear to be twisted,and when I draw back and let down slowly, the string lands right in the string grove. Any ideas into what might be causing this?

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is causing this?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
With your bow strung, sight down the string from each end of the bow.  The string should make a straight line as it comes off the recurved part of the bow, when viewed from behind and above.  If there is a bend, that means the limbs are twisted, and need to be straightened.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
I have had this happen on a couple recurves also. I put the felt in there to quiet the string slap and the string seemed to move the top one for me also. When you put the felt on their really push it down into the groove in the limb that seemed to help for me. Or just start shooting longbows like I did.
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »
Yeah, Longbows.

Offline longbow1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:27:00 AM »
I stopped using felt and starting using the bow hush, problem solved and works better than felt.
PBS ASSOCIATE MEMBER
NJ TRADITIONAL ARCHERS MEMBER

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©