Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: breathing technique  (Read 649 times)

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
breathing technique
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
i gap shoot and i am trying to figure the best breathing technique to become as accurate as possible. i am competing in my first 3-d shoot this weekend. breathe out or in??any advice is appreciated.

thanks guys
brandon

Offline McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: breathing technique
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
Rick Welch believes you should breathe in as you draw the bow, hold the breath as you shoot, and exhale when the arrow hits the target.

Another good archer on MBB III does just the opposite: he exhales as he draws and then I'm not sure what he does as he holds and shoots.  Maybe he exhales half his breath and holds the remaining half while he shoots.

The point is, it is good to establish a consistent pattern, and stick with it shot after shot.  Not much time to do that between now and this weekend!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Leo L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
To be honest I've never put much thought into breathing, but it makes sense.  I couldn't even tell you what I've been doing subconsciously.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »
I inhale as I draw and release as I release the string.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
well thats good to hear. i guess i did as rick welch recommends and wasnt aware of it. its just what has worked so far. i am consistent with everything...its just that now that i have become a better shooter, thanks to you guys, i want to look at every aspect of my shooting and find the best and most repeatable steps...if im not already doing so.

thanks guys

Offline Daddy Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
Most everything I've learned about breath control, when used in any form of marksmanship, is to break the shot during a period of relaxed respiratory pause.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©