Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Dropping My Bow Arm. Any Fixes?  (Read 1531 times)

Re: Dropping My Bow Arm. Any Fixes?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
Great to see so much improvement in such a short time.  Congratulations!  I'll bet the groups have really tightened up too.   :thumbsup:  

:clapper:

Offline Koko Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
The groups are very nice.....at 5 yards.  I am excited!  Question, my arrows are 30" long and I have some overhang of about 3 " off the front of the bow.  I am 6'4".  Should there (ideally) be less arrow hanginfg over the front?
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! ~ Psalm 17

Dryad Epic

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 08:31:00 PM »
koko....the question on the arrow length....it all depends on your anchor point and how consistant it is....youve definitely made a big improvement.... in my opinion ..at your height you should probably be drawing back another 2-3" and finding a bone on bone anchor... we need to get that elbow back down and in line with the arrow...that may require a lighter pound bow.....This is just my opinion.....Terry and Rod will definitely point you in the right direction.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
Arrow length usually doesn't matter, but I suspect there's a little more to consider in your situation.

I can't tell from the angle in the video, but it doesn't appear that you're getting full extension.  Looks to me like your holding at full draw with your bicep rather than your back.

If you'd have someone get above and behind you (from a step ladder maybe) and film another video we could tell for sure.

*Refer to the diagram at the top of the page.

Again... you're doing GREAT!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Koko Bow:
Question, my arrows are 30" long and I have some overhang of about 3 " off the front of the bow.  I am 6'4".  Should there (ideally) be less arrow hanginfg over the front?
Don't worry about that right yet...let's fix one thing at a time and get that 'anticipation' as Rod called it under control.  And yes, what Rod said about not touching the bow for a week,  visualization can do wonders.

We'll put that extra arrow length to work later by getting full extension, and fine tune your alignment.

I like hearing your enthusiasm as well!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©