Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: forearm injury??  (Read 537 times)

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
forearm injury??
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
well long story short, i moved from shooting a 44# hoyt gamemaster2 to a 52# gamemaster2. i gap shoot, use a clicker, and tend to hold at full draw for anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds. i use back tension to pull to and thru my clicker....but after a recent 3-d shoot i think i messed my arm up....now when i shoot i have a pain on the side of my forearm about 3 inches from my wrist. it will ache after i shoot for awhile. i dont understand it. i have shot this bow for going on 4 months wiht no problem...heck i'm only 26yrs old. i have been laying off shooting for a few days, shot today and it hurts again.

anyone else had this happen?

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: forearm injury??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
I developed pain in the bow arm elbow.  It was diagnosed as calcium tendinitis or calcium deposits in the tendoncaused by overuse or injury.  I was being treated and then tore the tendon in an accident and now need surgery so I'll never know if the physical therapy was working.

I'd say you are over stressing your tendons by a combination of moving to a heavier bow, shooting a lot, holding for a pretty long time.  I'd lay off shooting for a while until it improves and if it doesn't a trip to your orthopedic doctor is in order.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline cjgregory

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
I developed a pain in my elbow BUT found out it was the angle of my arm in relationship to the stupid mouse I use at work designing on the screen.  I would look at other causes before settling on your shooting.
You get to keep what you kill.  If it were easy there would be no value in it.
64" Silvertip 58# @ 31"

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
I used to hold at full draw for 5-10 sec and was always hurting somthing, eldows , wrist shoulders. Taught myself to release when I touch anchor ( I use a double anchor) havnt any problems with my joints since and ussually shoot more than an hour a day with 60-65#. Just a thought.
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©