Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: spine selection  (Read 510 times)

Offline Mike L.

• Trad Bowhunter
spine selection
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
I must have done something wrong last time I tried to post.  I'm looking for some advice on which carbon express shaft size to use for a new bow. It's a 62" recurve pulling 63# at 29.5".  I ordered the 250 shafts (at 31"), but they're much thinner than I'm used to.  The 350's are what the chart says (and closer to the weight the bowyer recommended), but 3rivers advised 250. I've been shooting 23/64" wood shafts, which fly well, but since I got these 250's I'm all over the place.  Something just doesn't feel right, so I'm wondering if I just have to get used to the smaller spine or should I get the 350's instead?
Mike L.

Offline Leo L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: spine selection
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »
I am thinking you'll want the 350's...

Offline Mike L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: spine selection
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:08:00 AM »
I think so.  The arrows seem to be off consistently several inches to the left.  The smaller diameter spine is less flexible, right, so the 350's should perform better?  By the way, I think it's awesome that there's a site like this that allows access to people who know about trad. archery.  Most sporting goods stores around here have primarily compound shooters, the problem is, their advice generally doesn't help and winds up in frustration and wasted $.  Thanks Again!
Mike L.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©