Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: What are your thoughts during the shot????  (Read 1213 times)

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What are your thoughts during the shot????
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 11:43:00 PM »
Usually the first thought after the shot is either Damnit or Oh sh*t, I forgot to do that or I moved my bow arm before the arrow got there.  
Thats a good one Crash!!!!!  :thumbsup:
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline AllenR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
Babe Ruth was asked what he thought about when he was at the plate.  His reply was that if he had to think about it, he never would hit the ball.

The conscious mind has to occupied with a single thought so that the subconscious mind can operate with no hesitation.

Some research has shown that it may not matter what you are thinking about, as long as it's just one thing.  I don't think that I agree with that, I think that the one thing has to be the spot that you want to hit, which is pretty much what everyone else has posted.

IMHO target and hunting are a little different.  In target, I find it best to focus, center and think about form up to the point where I reach anchor.  Then it's got to be total focus on the spot.  For hunting, I don't usually have time to do all that, it's just find a spot and focus on it.  If your subconscious doesn't know what to do then, you need to practice more.

Just my opinion,
Allen

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Well, if you should even be 'thinking' during the shot... it would be a flow of positive waves running through your mind.  Or something...
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
Don't think - it can only hurt the ballclub.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©