Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Shooting Tab -- Adjustable Finger Attachment  (Read 723 times)

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting Tab -- Adjustable Finger Attachment
« on: August 03, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
I have never been a tab shooter and have always worn shooting gloves, but I thought I ought to give tabs a fair chance to see whether I had been closed minded for the last half century of shooting bows and was missing something I would prefer. I have seen a number of tabs and most of them seem to have either a hole in the back part of the leather of the tab itself or an elastic band where a finger is inserted. Part of the potential appeal to me of a tab would be the ability to wear it on my bare fingers or under a glove, depending on weather conditions. I also like the idea of being able to rotate a tab to the back side of my hand when I am not shooting. So my question is a really simple one. What type of attachment mechanism works best on a cordovan tab that allows for adjustment based on whether a glove is being worn or not (also based on the thickness of the glove)?

Thanks,
Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting Tab -- Adjustable Finger Attachment
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »
The elastic band by far IMO.  The ones with a hole work well, but I kept losing them going through brush - the hole would stretch out if worn over my gloves and then just slip off.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
Another vote for the elastic band. It works best for me.

Offline Wampus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
My Cavalier has what looks like paracute cord with a cord lock that I can adjust the legth of the loop with.  Really like it.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Thanks for the help guys! I have been wondering about the cord with cord lock option to see if anyone had problems with it. The advantage I see for that solution over elastic is the lack of stretch and the lack of deterioration over time. The disadvantage would be the bulk. Hearing that you like it, Wampus, is encouraging.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »
I SWITCHED FROM GLOVE TO TAB LAST YEAR. I USE THE SUPER ARCHERY MITT WITH THE LEATHER THONG AROUND MY WRIST. I MADE THE CHANGE TO THE HEAVY TAB BECAUSE I FEEL IT MAKES THE PRESSURE ON THE STRING MORE UNIFORM AS OPPOSED TO THE INDIVIDUAL FINGERS. IT SEEMS TO HAVE HELPED ME A BIT. I SHOOT 3 UNDER.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline flyguysc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
I really like the Batman with the cordovan surface.Nice tab ,I have tried the Soma &cavaleer&even the win win 360,but for me I just keep coming back to the batmen
Winners make commitments ,Loser make excuses

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »
Guys I perfer a cordovan tab that I modify.I cut the extra piece of leather on the inside,then I buy this elastic cord and hole punch extra holes in the tab and the tab just drops out of the way when not using.Another one I did was to remove all the factory stuff and use the cord for one finger use and you can also attach another cord that attaches to the finger cord and run it back around your wrist and all the cord is on the outside of your hand and won't interfer with the idea idea of it touching your face,for some this is a distraction,just my.02
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline Rob Fin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
Black Widow tabs have a velcro finger ring that can be adjusted very easily. I have always been a glove shooter until I picked up a Black Widow tab a month ago. I'll be sticking with the tab.

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
I use tabs by Jack Bowers with the hole and a flap, cant shoot with it wearing gloves...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline Three Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
I had just gotten a Cavalier tab with the elastic cord.  After a little trimming of the tab to my fingers, I shot a couple rounds with it.  I was using a Big Shot glove for a few years.  The first thing I noticed was that my groups closed up by 100%.  I was shooting from about 22 yards with a 5 inch grouping with 4 arrows using the glove.  I then switched to the tab and got 2.5 inch groups.  This was all done after a one hour back workout of 12 sets of different pull ups , chin ups, and Aussie pull ups.  I had forgone the tab until I saw the Cavalier with the aluminum plate for string guidance.  Give one a try.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©