Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Mounting a clicker  (Read 618 times)

Offline muley40

• Trad Bowhunter
Mounting a clicker
« on: August 23, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
Were is the best place to mount a Cricket clicker on a recurve, the riser or limbs? how about some photos?
Independent Bow Hunter

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mounting a clicker
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
Hopefully these photos will help you.

I shoot clickers on all of my bows as you can see.

This is about where I put my clickers. I dont like to be too low on the limb so try to stay 6-7" below the string groove. I could probably go even a little high on my longbow but if it aint broke...

One other little tip that may help is go with some D Loop material this seems to redeuce tangles and just work all around better. I also like to have my string served above and below my clicker string so it never moves. When I shot flemish strings this wasnt a problem but its not that big of a deal now.

The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline muley40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
Thanks for the photos 2Blade, I put one on the bottom of the riser and even with D-loop string and being longer it was wrapping around the bow string, mounting yhe clicker on the top limb should work out alright,
Independent Bow Hunter

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by muley40:
Thanks for the photos 2Blade, I put one on the bottom of the riser and even with D-loop string and being longer it was wrapping around the bow string, mounting yhe clicker on the top limb should work out alright,
Your welcome. I prefer the top limb because you can greatly redeuce string length. You can use less string if you go higher on the limb. It should be ok long as its out of the way enough so your bow string doesnt hit it durning the loose. I know one guy who goes as high as he dares and hardly has to use any string at all.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline pktm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
How did you replace the chain. I hear it's done, did you drill out the hole.
Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by ToelkeMan:
How did you replace the chain. I hear it's done, did you drill out the hole.
The chain is bad news it can really scuff up your bow. Very noisy also so not very convenient for a hunting scenario.

Take your clicker rope and tie a knot on the end that attaches to the clicker. Then remove the clicker string from your bow string and run it through the clicker hole so the knot stops behind the hole and it cannot pull through. Once you do that simply put the clicker string back in to the bow string and your ready to go. If I didn't explain that clearly as its hard on the computer I could post some photos to show you what I mean   :)
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
2B (or not 2B  :) ),
I'm thinking of trying a clicker, at least for a while...
I see a couple of clickers for sale in 3 rivers...one is a couple bucks cheaper. Is there one that you like best?
Thanks.
Walt

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
I personally use the Clikety-Klicker and like it. Ive only seen the Crick-It once on someone elses bow so I cant really comment on it but they said they liked it because it was smaller.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©