Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Blank bale ?  (Read 487 times)

Offline Matt D.

• Trad Bowhunter
Blank bale ?
« on: December 10, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
How close do most typically shoot for blank bale work? I would like to set something up in my grarge for the winter, but can only get about 12 feet, and feel like I'm right on top of the target. Can you be to close?

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blank bale ?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
5 feet from the face of the bow to target is perfect.....be sure whatever target your using doesn't allow "bounce outs" like some bag type target do.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Floxter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
No less an expert than former National, World, and Olympic Champion Darrell Pace claimed that 80% of his practice time was on a blank bale. He did it starting at 5yrds; claimed it saved him time walking back and forth.
Jack

Offline sdpeb1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
That distance is good enough. Here is link from a thread at ArcheryTalk that discusses some points on blank bale shooting.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1045766&highlight=blank+bale

Offline foamkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Rod keep it close. Five yards would be too much exercise for two old fat guys like us. LOL! Happy New Year buddy.

Offline Pac'em out

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Floxter:
No less an expert than former National, World, and Olympic Champion Darrell Pace claimed that 80% of his practice time was on a blank bale. He did it starting at 5yrds; claimed it saved him time walking back and forth.
That should really tell you something!

Offline zetabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by Floxter:
Last year at out National Field Champs I was busy helping run the event so I had no time to go on the practice range and warm up, 4 min before start I just had time to shoot doz arrows each day on blank bale before start, I went out and shot two new records only 4 points off world record.

The Bale makes up around 80% of my practice and now 100% of my warm up routine before a tourney.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©