Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: shooting at angles  (Read 467 times)

Offline hammer101

• Trad Bowhunter
shooting at angles
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
When I shoot at my target strait on I am able to hit the spot. It is when I am at a 45 deg or more angle I have trouble. I am right handed 3 under shooter. If I am 45 deg to the left of target the arrow goes to the right. Vise versa If I am 45 deg right of the target. I practice different distances all way out to 30 yards. Sometimes I can hit the spot angling the target but not always. How do I fix this?

Offline Chuck Hoopes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: shooting at angles
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »
Those angled shots are more difficult, the size of the target is narrowed - thus smaller.  Your difficultly and the results you often get are no diff. than every one elses.  Its requires finer shooting.  I think what you are experiencing is pretty typical i.e. 45 deg left leads to the majority of errant shots to the right as opposed to the left.  The fix?  just keep practicing-- with time you.ll learn to make the correct ajustment.   Its really  is the same thing as trying to stick a sheet of paper that is flat out facing you, as opposed to trying to hit that paper angled at 45 deg. away from you, or towards you for that matter-- its just a smaller target, and errors are magnified.  Don"t you just love the variety of challenges presented you?  Keeps it ever interesting!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©