Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Help! Can't seem to pick a spot...  (Read 718 times)

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help! Can't seem to pick a spot...
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Thanks guys,  I'm getting ready to head out in a few minutes and give it another try, it is very cold here for S MS it was down in the teens last night and sit at 26 degree now   :scared:  That is cold for here with humidity gets to the bones real fast.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
 I shot at a doe 3 weeks back at 13 yards and manage to scape the pine tree she went behind and tonight I had a button buck at 15-17 yards and pulled the shot and hit a small vine (the only one in the area).
You are picking a spot, just the wrong spot. On both of these shots, you likely saw the vine/tree and subconcously said dont hit that. Well that becomes the focal point and thats where your arrow went. Also you mentioned you only get a few chances each year, so you have to try to make em count. This is true, but shooting just cause the deer is within range is not the answer. Wait for the right moment/shot. Its better to pass on an animal, then to try to improve your success by taking more shots. That one deer had already looked up at you 3 times? That is a tough deer to seal the deal on, and likely one I wouldnt think of drawing on till it was quartering away as it was leaving.
Good luck, keep at it.
Ken
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline rnharris

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
i have the same problem sometimes when i miss i don't remember the spot i was trying to hit at least i think so lol,i did hit where i was looking on two deer this year i was anticipating them dropping and neither one did that's just hunting,i did kill one deer with my recurve this year after turning loose 6 arrows keep after it,it will come i hunt with tradional bows because it is a challenge i don't have to drag as many deer as in my wheel days lol
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©