Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Drawing arm/elbow  (Read 499 times)

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
Drawing arm/elbow
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
I finally had to chance to video my shooting, can't post it as it was a borrowed camera and it went back to its owner.  Anyway I took video of me shooting 3 arrows at a time from different angles.  I have studied the shooting clock form and I think I am OK with my shoulders and my draw arm/elbow when I view from the top and behind.  Upon release my hand ends up in the same place on the back of my neck, so I am happy with that part.  When viewing he video taken from my right side as I draw the bow string about 3/4 thru the draw my elbow moves up.  Not a lot but it does take it our of the line of the arrow.  First question, do I have to bring my elbow down?  If so, how do you accomplish that?  What are the ill effects of a higher elbow?  My shooting is not bad but like most I would like to move it to a higher level.  Appriciate any constructive feedback.
Thanks
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Drawing arm/elbow
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Aldo,  If your drawing elbow doesn't go past about 10:00 o'clock, I would not worry about it.  That elbow/arm should be between 9 and 10 o'clock.
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »
Thanks Moebow, Appreciate the info.  I don't think I am higher than 10 o'clock, I will recheck video again.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
Yes, some people are more comforable with an inline elbow or slightly above. 10:00 o clock is a good indicator. Another is your ear. If you can have someone video you from behind at ear level and you can still see any part of your ear over your elbow, you should be OK (This will depend somewhat on your anchor position though).

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©