Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Corn Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
I am by no means an expert, I just started shooting last summer. I have found for me that as long as I remember to push with my bow arm that most of the rest takes care of itself.

Just my .02
Hope it helps.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Offline bartcanoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Thanks for all the advice.  I went out yesterday after taking a couple of days off, and did some stump shooting.  By the end of the day wondering around the woods, and just having fun shooting, I seem to have reset the "groove".  

I think getting off the range really helped.  Sadly, the only place I have to shoot in the evening is at the range.  There are times when I have it to myself, from now on when alone, no more standing at the line and shooting at the same target over and over again.
Dave

US Army Retired (1984-2013)
Job 42:1-6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
I've been at this Trad Game for almost ten years. Could never understand how someone "needs" to shoot a group of arrows. Don't get me wrong. A group shows you that ya have your form down pat. Good! But it's not an interesting way to practice.

So... After you shoot your group... Get out there and practice for hunting. One Shot At A Time At Unknown Distances. That's what Stump Shootin' is all about. Shoot under low hanging branches. Between tree trunks. From your knees..... Get It?

Have Fun! Best Of Luck!

... mike ...  :archer:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©