Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: 3 under thanks  (Read 578 times)

Offline sinistral

• Trad Bowhunter
3 under thanks
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Just wanted to pass on a big thanks to those who have suggested 3 under shooting. I tried it and I think I will stick with it. It is more comfortable and that arrow is right under the eye. Big help. Once again thanks. Jeff

Offline JF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 under thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
ttt

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Jeff,

I am glad that 3U is working for you buddy, don't think I could go back to split finger!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Three fingers under is also best for beginners as it helps keep the string from rolling as they draw and the arrow falling off the arrow rest.

Offline bshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
3 under has kept me in trad and after teaching my family to shoot that way, they shoot better than me! I often play with split for the noise reduction, but it just doesn't work for me, glad it is working well for ya.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »
I started shooting trad in 1/07 and shot split finger. I liked it and shot pretty well but a few weeks ago I tried 3 under for the third or forth time and really liked it. Have been shooting even better since I changed. Glad I did and can not get the hang of split finger back if I try a cuople of shots.

Offline saddlesore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Hi guys im new to this forum and trad shooting. i have  done some target shooting years back. i joined a club about 2 years ago ,and they mostly shoot recurve barebow. now im shootin  pretty ok ,im shootn a win win riser and border hex5 limbs no sight and 3 under. i am always looking for ways to improve.we shoot 3d targets only ,cos its  illegal to hunt with a bow in ireland.    
so if any of you have any tips  please let me know. there are 12 from our club goin to the EUROPEAN BOWHUNTER CHAMPIONSHIPS in Austria ,in May of this year,really looking forward to that. also any tips on judging distance. thanks

Offline kmunch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
i like it

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »
I seem to shoot better with 3 under, but have been playing with split this week and enjoying the noise reduction.  Trying to be Howard Hill.  LOL  :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
I switched to 3under last year in an attempt to have a more solid/repeatable anchor/shot sequence.  Did it work? Yep.  Not nearly as much fun as splitfinger, canted any which way bow however so I switched back and reminded myself that I gave away my compound because it was too methodical... set your feet, point your shoulder, fingers on the string, deep breath, draw...  Now I just walk around with a quiver chock full of arrows and let her rip with a big smile on my face.  But that's just me.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©