Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Keep hitting left (WHY)  (Read 923 times)

Offline big grey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Keep hitting left (WHY)
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »
I`ll bet that you are not pointing where your looking. Proved that to my self bare bail shooting. slow your shooting process down and get your eye over the arrow loose grip on the bow.align your bow and drawing draw ,release being sure not to move bow arm till arrow makes contact with target. Easy eh ! I dont think so. Thats why we love the game and keep trying to improve

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
30coupe asked if you cant the bow- if you don't, that could be the problem. Canting, or canting more, will move impact to the right for a right-handed shooter.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
That combo certainly doesn't sound like it should be stiff.  Sometimes arrows that are way too weak will hit left too. I would try some different point weights, like a 125, and see if it gets worse or better.

Most likely though it is a form problem.  You might be pushing too much with the bow arm or not getting all the way back.  If your drawing hand is flying out from your face on your release or your bottom limb is kicking in toward you or the bow is twisting in your hand then you know its a form issue.  Try to pay attention to the position of your bow, bow arm, and drawing hand right after the release and see if any of this is happening.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline easyup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Wow, lots of ideas on this one.  If you are shooting good groups like I was with one of my bows and having your problem, and my bow also shot bullet holes in paper tuning,  I would not mess with your form (unless someone spots something serious).  I can tell you what worked for me was what Curlee and Bjorn said.  For me adding weight was easy,  I added a long brass bolt screwed to the back of my adapter which added 60+ grains and when I wrapped solder around that bolt I got another 50 gr. and that bow shoots right where it needs to be and I knew what to order from 3Rivers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©