3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: feeling stupid tonight  (Read 519 times)

Offline sunshine

• Trad Bowhunter
feeling stupid tonight
« on: November 16, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
anybody out there feel like me. tomorrow is opening gun season here in indiana and i'm going to the woods with my wool( temps hovering around 40 +/- 5) with my recurve and my HUNTER ORANGE VEST AND HAT. i'm really hoping to see some rutting bucks and not get shot by the orange brigade. tim
Life is short.....eat dessert first!!!

Offline 2 dogs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: feeling stupid tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
you might get lucky on both accounts.

Offline stickandastring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
Rifle opens monday after thanksgiving here in Pa. Im takin mine out too. It'll be my first deer if im successful, But then there is 2nd season archery too.

Missed opening season but then we were havin kind of an indian summer then. Staved off the rut until rifle. All the better.
Face your fears. Live your dreams.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
There is one thing for sure, if ya stay home ya won't have a chance. And no you are not stupid! Right spot right time beats all.

Offline mxracer483

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
don't even own a legal hunting rifle. I'll be out bright and early tomorrow morning as well.
good luck to you!   :clapper:
In the end it all comes down to the Indian not the arrows.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
I don't see the problem (other than the gun guys slinging lead).  Wearing orange really isn't that big a deal IMO.  If you are doing what you need to do (see the Ferret's ground hunting thread, for instance) then a bit of orange won't mess you up.

No if you want stupid, here ya go.  I'm going out of town tomorrow to visit some buddies and I'll miss this weekend (the rut is popping here too) and most/all of next week.  Now that's stupid.  :-p

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
Might increase your odds in seeing more deer. More folks in the woods moving the deer around. Pack your lunch tonight and eat in your stand. When them fellas head out to lunch, they could kick some deer up for you.

I showed up to hunting camp one year with my recurve not knowing it was a early muzzleloading season that weekend. One fella had 3 rifles with him (guess he needed a backup rifle to his backup rifle?) and offered one to me to hunt with. "You gonna hunt with that thing?!?" Yep, I'm good. Guy thought I must have been hitting the pipe or something the way he was lookin at me. Long story short, I connected and they came up dry.

Proceeded to drill the pratice backstop later that day and the fella that offered the rifle said "Dang, your good with that thing..." I felt great!

Don't ever feel silly entering the woods with bow in hand,hoss! Keeping within it's effective range, it will take care of business!

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
You should not feel stupid,  I have hunted with my bow during gun season for (crap I just counted the years) the last 19 years. Man that makes me feel old.  I was 17 the last time I rifle hunted for deer.  Heck tomorrow I will be taking Mindy and the 12 year old that has been tagging with me this year.  Its gun season in MO.  They will be toting rifles, I will have my widow.

Last year was the first time in several seasons i did not fill my gun tag with my bow.
Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©