Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: my mental outlook on target panic  (Read 515 times)

Offline Chub

• Trad Bowhunter
my mental outlook on target panic
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
i received target panic about 1.5yrs ago.just a little back round.cant get to anchor;releasing 2-3inches from anchor getting very angry SO a the local archery shop we have a trad league 2weeks ago i went to league nite i shot 6arrows could not hit the single spot target . this week i went to league not knowing to expect. spoke to the shop owner about this he watched me shoot a few then he said stop .he gave me some insite.and a drill to do i thought i should start 5-10 yrds but he said no so i said lets go ok we started at 20 yrds draw with eyes closed and holding a few times then open non dom eye then open dom eye then both eyes the first couple times opening eyes just let go of string did this drill a couple more times after a 1/2 hr i was drawing to anchor with eyes open an holding . then getting to anchor and following threw a was impressed with this drill so i thought i would share thi with the gang.also 2 weeks ago i shot a 335 round out of 600 last nite after doing this drill my confidence level jump up i shot a 427 all of this was with my hunting setup.feeling great today
                            good luck

just thought i would share my joy!   :bigsmyl:

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: my mental outlook on target panic
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Good tip Bruce. TP Demons can make you wonder who's in control.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Interesting. Glad you seem to have worked through it.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Lazy Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
Chub ....just wondering , is it still working for you.Do you use the drills as part of your normal warm-up or practice ?

Ike

Offline Chub

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
ike yes i do also after watching masters of bare bow i also do  shoot blank bale seems to help me form

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
I've placed a post on "Switching to Leftie" thread regarding this topic. It is the easiest thing to prevent (a bit harder to correct) if you think about the prcess rather than the result after aiming. Guys there are people out there making a living correcting this problem -- I don't.  Problem is, most of the cures...aren't. This is a vitally important subject. The industry says 70% of archers are eventually chased from the sport by panic.  I see this in so many people, especially folks who have left compounds and gone to traditional.

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the info  :thumbsup:  
I`m also struggling with the TP, and think I`ll try this procedure.

Margly
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©