Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: 27" Arrow!  (Read 1930 times)

Offline rpembert

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 27" Arrow!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »
My bow arm is not totally extended. It is bent but I do reach that magic 28" every time. Its muscle memory or something. I just feel it and know thats where it should be. I used to shot with a 28" arrow and that was engraved in to my head. It was practicing that form that I watched John Shultz teach over and over again. I just repeated it everyday till I had it. So its like its a natural thing for me to do. I am not dependent on an arrow to tell me if I am at full draw or not. My position at full draw tells me if I am right or wrong. That helps me if I switch to a longer arrow or a shorter one, just not to short.  ;)  

Joshua

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »
Cool explaination Joshua, thanks.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Rob. I think most arrows are cut BOP and that's how folk gauge them.  All my ADs are cut 29" BOP. And that is relevant for me.  It's also relevant to spine on some shafts.

However. He won't be able to use a broadhead or hunt with that arrow...... So THAT makes the arrow irrelevant.     ;)
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
Rpembert, I thinks yer gonna need
an arrow stretcher come deer season   ;)
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline rpembert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
Here I go. Lord, into Thy hands I commit my soul.   :pray:  

I don't hunt.    

I do tournaments and such. Nothing against hunting, so I have setup my self for those elusive 3D targets. Let the arrows fly. I am a prime target now.   :biglaugh:  

Joshua

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
I sit corrected   :o  
Shoot well!
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline Chesapeake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
This was a fun read! I'm new to trad with some wheel bow experience so these kinds of conversations teach me things.

I like all the conversations about Trad draw length as compared to compound draw length. I often hear the Trad guys talking about a guys compound draw length being longer. I also hear guys saying measure from back of knock to the back of the bow. Problem with that method of measure is that your draw length would change depending on bow grip/riser design. Your draw with a broom handle longbow would then be different than a large gripped recurve because of the bow design. Seems to me a guys draw lenght is what it is regardless of bow. Its (span devided by 2.5). It seems to me many of the Trad guys are confusing "Shooter draw length" with "Bow draw length". I think maybe the confusion is that compounds are set up for a specific "Bow draw length" and Trad bows arent set up for a specific "bow draw length". With Trad the "Bow draw length" is a result of the "Shooters draw length" added to the "riser design". For AMO the bow draw length would be "Shooter draw lenght" + 1 3/4".  

My opinion is that rpember's draw length hasnt changed a bit. Neither has his bows draw length. He's just using a short arrow.
Rick

Offline rpembert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
Thats it Rick, you got it!

Joshua

Offline Osage61

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
Sounds like he's adding in the length of the point which gives him his 28" draw as the tip of the point comes flush with the back of the bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Pro Pelle Cutem"-HBC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©