Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Help!! PLEASE Form Question  (Read 418 times)

Offline cashhere

• Trad Bowhunter
Help!! PLEASE Form Question
« on: February 26, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
I have just got back to shooting here lately. I have been working on my form. I now have gotten the right side of my lip killing me as it seems the string is doing it. Now mind you I do not have the thinnest lips, but I do not recall this being a problem in the past. I know you are laughing, what a duffass. Would appreciate thoughts. Embarrassed in KY. Thanks

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help!! PLEASE Form Question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
It could be a few things. A improperly trimmed tab can hurt the lip. I suspect though that you are turning your head slightly into the string. You could be doing this if you are unconsciously trying to use your off eye to aim with(left if your are shooting right-handed, vice versa otherwise.  Over-drawing could also bring your head out of vertical alignment and into the string (and cause all kinds of other problems.  Try to keep the head vertical and bring the string to your anchor rather than your head to the string.

Offline cashhere

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Thanks Bowwild, I recently went back to a tab, it is quite short as compared to the one I used in the past.

Offline bshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
over drawing when I'm fresh and turning my head into the string when I get tired. I need to get better at setting my head when I set my stance...have a bad habit of drawing and then trying to move everything around to get comfortable, good luck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©