Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Double brass nock's  (Read 457 times)

Offline Sprint8b

• Trad Bowhunter
Double brass nock's
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
I have seen alot of pictures of bow strings with two brass nocks above (arrow)and either a tied string nock below or nothing below (arrow).  Some of the time it looks like the top brass nock's are spaced about an 1/8" apart.  Can anyone tell me why you would use two brass nocking points.

Thanks, bobby

Offline Bill Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double brass nock's
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
When shooting three under, if your top finger is not tight against the nock, the arrow can slide down the string.  It can also be used when face walking, moving the anchor point up and down the face for different ranges, to keep the arrow in place.  When used split finger, it locks the arrow in place.  It works well with an elevated rest also.   Bill

Offline toolmaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double brass nock's
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Bobby,

I just recently read about this in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine.  It just happened that I was encountering a tuning problem (tail way high)that I couldn't correct with normal nocking point adjustments.  This trick cured the problem, which was that my arrow was getting slammed against the arrow shelf.  I understand it is a common problem with some bows.  Mine is a Martin Hunter, and I've read of many owners of this bow just settling for a ridiculously high nocking point and poor arrow flight.  If they would all give this a try, I bet most would find their problem solved.

"...facts are stubborn things." -John Adams

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©