3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3Rivers on Tred Barta  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Lost Viking

• Trad Bowhunter
3Rivers on Tred Barta
« on: January 27, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Just watched yesterday's Tred Barta show (love my DVR).  Anyway, Dale Karch interview AND a flint knapping segment.  I know many disagree with much that Tred professes, but he is a man of convictions and probably the most vocal traditionalist you will find.  Anyway a couple of great segments with a background hunt for turkeys - spot and stalk - that netted nothing but frustration and experience.

Todd

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3Rivers on Tred Barta
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
I watched the show and really enjoyed it. I don't care what others think i like Tred Barta and his show. I don't agree with all that he says but i must say he sticks to his guns or in his case bows.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Wallcrawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
I came on today to comment on this episode.  I am very impressed with Tred putting this episode together, a real lesson on basic traditional archery and also brings some light to one of our sponsors.  As they say, "opinions are.." well you know.  At least there is some attention on our sport.

Offline Flathead Willie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
Personally, I think he is an overbearing jerk but, like Wallcrawler said, he's bringing attention to the sport.
Some people climb to the top of the ladder only to find that it is leaning on the wrong wall!

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »
"I'm Tred Barta and I do things MY WAY, the HARD WAY". That statement alone is pretty silly. After watching him stab a pig while his guide and the dogs held it down, I had enough of 'his way'. But hey' I'd rather get a LAUGH watching a clown with a longbow than that "look at how BIG this rack is" (that they just took at a shooting preserve) infomercial crowd.

just my 2 cents

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
He's entertaining.  I like him...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
My momma told me dont say anything, because if I did....well you know the rest...  :bigsmyl:    :wavey:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
I have to agree with Van..he's entertaining..as long as hes hunting when fishing he can get a little carried away and I usually change the channel.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
He strikes me as Ted Nugent with a longbow. Whether that's good or bad, I suppose, is a matter of opinion.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
good call jason
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
I think Ted is inspiring.Yeah, he rants but I think because he loves it so much he just cant control himself.His show is what got me interested in trad and it has changed my life.I dont think hes cocky,I just think hes trying to get the satisfaction of traditional archery out to the public, in an edited 1/2 hour.God bless him.AS FOR TRED AND TED, I think theyre just "Feelin It", or are intoxicated by what they love, and I know where theyre coming from.Live for family and hunting.

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
you the man Barta you the man

HATE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Yeah, the hog episode was pretty bad. The guide and the dogs were the only brave ones there. Barta was just the hit man. The show is called the best and worst of Tred Barta...I got tired of waiting for the best.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
I get the feeling sometimes he use`s the longbow as a crutch for not killing anything. Personally I believe its an advantage for me as far as bowhunting goes.AS far as uncle Ted, I`m just an old southern swamper and I can`t understand half what he`s talking about.RC

Offline Scott G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by gobbler10ga:
you the man Barta you the man

HATE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!
I laugh when I hear that song, and I personally think Tred does too (even sing it myself to irritate the fambly).  Dont care for the fishing stuff but I really enjoy watching his hunting shows.  He's a funny guy.

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
I like him more this year, he has said some great things like anti's are buying our land and so on, he is ok, love his dedication and what a moose he took last week!!

Offline TimBow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
i like watching tred's show.........entertaining

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
One of the few hunting shows that isnt a total embarasment to watch. I like the fact that he doesnt always get his game. But compared to the other hunting show host I think he puts hunting in a good light.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Longbowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Well I guess for me it's just like the title says;  The best and worst.

I do enjoy most of his episodes.  He shows traditional archery and the reasons most like it - for it's simplicity and trappings.

I do think he tries to make traditional archery look too hard at times.  He disdains blinds for being too new tech and unfair even though hunters have used brush and rock blinds for centuries.  He too often makes the mistake of going with a guide who obviously have no experience with bowhunters.  His coyote hunting episode was a study in how not to conduct a predator hunt with either a bow or rifle.

Yes he can be over the top with his opinions but then he comes up something that resonates at least with me.  In his BC grizzly episode he concluded it with how "it's not about the bear it's the journey" - so true.
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 05:05:00 AM »
By & large I don't like to watch hunting shows, as it just doesn't work as a spectator sport or television entertainment for me.

The few times I saw Barta's show, I was really turned off by his chest thumping bit of "doing it the hard way" as if no one else in the archery world can compare.

The thing about looking down your nose at the next guy is that there's always someone who can look down their nose at you.

I guarantee that as we speak there's some guy who hunts with an atl-atl naked except for a half rotten buckskin loincloth who considers Barta to be a true lightweight...    :D
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©