3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3Rivers on Tred Barta  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3Rivers on Tred Barta
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
His show is entertaining and that's why I like it,
at least the archery episodes.  I'd never go fishing with the man.....I can't stand being yelled at. That said, he vocalizes his beliefs and stands by them.  Unlike others who have none and take every high-tech advantage to gain an edge over game animals. Who else would show himself missing 60 or so flying mallards before connecting with just one? He showed genuine elation at just collecting one mallard. I'll continue to watch all that I can see....I'm a fan.
Tom I.

Offline Joe Subler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
I'm not a big fan of his but enjoyed this wees show about turkeys, knapping and 3 Rivers.

Joe
62" Mohawk  53#@27"

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
I think Ted is inspiring.Yeah, he rants but I think because he loves it so much he just cant control himself.His show is what got me interested in trad and it has changed my life.I dont think hes cocky,I just think hes trying to get the satisfaction of traditional archery out to the public, in an edited 1/2 hour.God bless him.AS FOR TRED AND TED, I think theyre just "Feelin It", or are intoxicated by what they love, and I know where theyre coming from.Live for family and hunting.

I couldn't have said it better.
TGMM

Online ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
I liked the Turkey episode. The frustration of being busted so many times when trying to get close, hit home with me. Glad to see a show that brought us the real hunt, not just a kill in a cage.
Loved the part with 3 rivers, That was a neet way to advertise....Terry

Offline Shape Shifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Tred has his good and his bad...Most of the time I watch the show with the sound off cause most of what he says gives me a headache.
"Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit"

Offline jmack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
I give the man credit for bringing attention to the sport, and for promoting trad archery, but every show I've ever seen him in, he's surrounded by men with guns. Now I've only seen a few shows, but everytime I've seen him take aim, I've counted no less than 3 guns also taking aim at the same time... Seems to me (in my limited experience), that he's trying to get credibility for using a stickbow, but in actuality, he's just another con man winning your money at 3-card monte. The moral of the story - Don't believe evrything you see on tv.
"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."--Galations 6:9

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
He also helps because maybe that one person will pick up the longbow and not the crossbow:-)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
Barta is like "The KeyStone Cops Go Hunting" I gotta admit, he Doesnt Impress Me at All. Makes you wonder just who "Produces and Finances" his Hunting Fiascos?? Money Well Spent There, NOT!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
Any time i can see a man pull back a Trad Bow on TV,I'm gonna watch it. we need more of it, if you ask me. I'd watch Snoop Dog if he was huntin with a recurve.
                     Billy
If Jesus Christ guides your arrow, its really hard to miss.  Billy

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
I am so sick of the talk of him but I like the man & show. A wise man once told me that really smart people talk about ideas, average people talk about issues & the not so smart talk about people. Enough said.  Mike
Big Mike

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
Watched for the first time friday, pretty good show. Better than most of the others. But I dont like hunting shows much anyway, its not something you can cram into 20 minutes of T.V. and still have it worth watching.

Eric

Offline jdupre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
I like his shows.  He is not afraid to show you his flaws. Most all of the other big-name TV hunters would edit out all but the stuff that makes them look good. The show is called "The Best and Worse of Tred Barta" and that's what it portrays. I did have a problem with him killing the hog with a knife. Nothing against it, but it is something that does not come across well on camera.
Also, after preaching about wanting to get an animal inside 20 yards where he is confident, he takes a shot at 50 yards at a RUNNING caribou. We have probably all taken a shot at game that would not stand the scrutiny of national TV, so I'll be lenient on that point.
All  in all, I would like to share a camp with him. It wouldn't be boring!

Joey

Offline GRW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
I would much rather watch Tred than
 Easton's Fred Eickler.  Both promote our sport, but there is something about Eickler that is fishy. Like him or hate him, Barta belongs in front of the camera. He defiantly has personality, albeit, quite over bearing at times.

Eickler may be a great bow hunter, but GOD! is he boring in front of the camera! No "presence!”, sorry Fred.
Be Humble, Don't Stumble...

Offline Bobhat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by SilverTip:
 I'd watch Snoop Dog if he was huntin with a recurve. Billy
:biglaugh:
Toelke Whip
Assenheimer Hunter Deluxe
"We don't stop playing because we are old.  We are old because we stop playing."  Ben Franklin

Offline trh1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by SilverTip:
Any time i can see a man pull back a Trad Bow on TV,I'm gonna watch it. we need more of it, if you ask me. I'd watch Snoop Dog if he was huntin with a recurve.
                     Billy
I am with Billy on this one. Like it or not hunting shows are here to stay and many of them look staged or high fenced. Treds hunts sure cant be called staged. Maybe if we support Tred we can get more and better trad shows to air.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »
I have gone back and forth on Tred Barta...I think I have decided that until he does something that impacts our sport in a negative way, I will just enjoy the the good and humorous parts, and ignore the yelling and bravado.

Much more of the poor shot selection like the caribou episode, and I might change my mind again.

He is no where NEAR the idiot Nugent is.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »
It Takes  ALL  Kinds to make the World go 'Round. Ya go from  "IN YOUR FACE"  Ted, to Tred.
   I cant say I would watch Snoop,  BUT.......
If it gets the Traditional Word Out to the Young People, its doing a  POSITIVE SERVICE  for Archery!!
    Like Them Or Not, Right??  :thumbsup:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Flathead Willie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ringneck:
Yeah, the hog episode was pretty bad. The guide and the dogs were the only brave ones there. Barta was just the hit man. The show is called the best and worst of Tred Barta...I got tired of waiting for the best.
Me too! It seems like his show is about paying thousands and thousands of dollars to hunt some of the best places, only to come home empty handed time after time. That may be fine for a corporate jet salesman but not very good for the average Joe. I think he needs a little work on his stalking/hunting skills. As far as catching "more Big Eye Tuna then any man alive", it makes me wonder who keeps records of such things and how he manages to beat out professional fishermen. I watch whenever I can because he is promoting our sport, but I wish there were better spokesmen for Trad. Bowhunting.
Some people climb to the top of the ladder only to find that it is leaning on the wrong wall!

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
Drawing attention to the sport by acting like an ass is not a good thing.

Just what message do you think he is getting across?
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline DarkeGreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
I like him and suspect he'll be responsable for more longbow sales then any other single person because of his show. More traditional hunters can be all bad.  :)

BTW, I don't think he is even close to being as wacky and off base as Ted. That guy has some issues! He is most likely doing more harm than good.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©