3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3Rivers on Tred Barta  (Read 4509 times)

Offline Ron Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3Rivers on Tred Barta
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »
What RC said. He is really not a hunter and doesn't kill much. No one can answer this question. How did he get a TV show? I never heard of him. He can't shoot worth a lick and I have yet to see him kill anything.

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
I agree with Roger, the guy needs to quit shooting 60 yard running shots at caribou.  I can't recall ever watching a show where he does kill something.....I missed the moose show obviously.  I tune in, and if I don't like where the show is going, I tune out.  We really need the "bensel" brothers to start taping some Texas hunts and a few whitetail shows........
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline Tom P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Just what Jeff said.
Psalms 42:1 As the deer panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, Oh God.

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
:confused:    :bigsmyl:  
Ted who?

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Chortdraw,
I like your signature, i should live by that more often than i do.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
As I recall, Tred has killed a moose, a grizzly bear, a flying mallard. I have seen him NOT kill a black bear, a turkey, a caribou, and a mule deer. I'm sure I missed some kills and some misses. The show is entertaining, that is the purpose. I'm sure every one of us has taken shots we would have edited out, like the one at the caribou. I guess I have to admire him for leaving in what he did, even though it was wrong.

I appreciate that he doesn't drop the bow and pick up a gun just to make sure something dies on tape as they do on so many other hunting shows. He understands and tries to get others to see that hunting is way more than killing. How can that be bad?

He's loud, an admitted fair shot at best, opinionated, and his theme song is incredibly cheesy, but I watch whenever I can. Given all the worst, his show is still better than most of the outdoor shows. I appreciate that he shoots a longbow, makes his own arrows and sticks to his beliefs. Sometimes he sticks ridiculously to them, like when he kicked his improvise blind down because he had said he was going to hunt by spot and stalk, but I kind of appreciate that. As far as having a backup carrying a gun when hunting dangerous game with a longbow, I don't see the problem. Most dangerous game hunters have backups with guns when they hunt with guns, much less bows.

As far as Ted goes, I just wish he'd get his teeth fixed.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline renolongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »
i think tred barta is a cocky guy. i really hate how everything i love is actually the ''BARTA WAY'' lol
Bryan

Offline Grizzly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »
I can turn off Ted pretty easy.  His spirit stuff just bounces off too many walls for me.  

But Barta is pretty entertaining.  I just don't take him seriously enough to be offended by anything.  I loved it when his hunting partner/guide/friend wouldn't let him make a hunting decision cause he was just an airplane salesman. And when he checked the wind with the powder, and it blew back in his face, well where else are you gonna get a laugh like that on a hunting show??

I think the 3 Rivers episode is a new high point for the show and hope he does a little more along those lines.  Missed the moose show, but the wife saw it???

Offline buck-tamer00

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
they have to change the name though,
it should just be called the worst of tred barta.
I belive kids are the future....unless we stop'em now!!!!!!!

elchen recurve bow 47lb @28"

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »
The first time some nonhunter see's my longbows and say "Oh, you do it the Barta Way?!" I think I will buy a crossbow.   :bigsmyl:  

Just kidding.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pete Darby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »
I enjoy the hunting Barta shows more than any other hunting show I have seen.  I don't  agree with everything he says or does.  But watching the show hasn't yet changed any of my opinions. I enjoy his mistakes (Probably the worst stalker I have ever seen.)  He seems to work hard at what he does but keeps his sense of humor and can laugh at himself.
Pete Darby

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
I have only watched a few of his shows,  The last one I watched was a Mule Deer doe hunt.  He started the hunt by saying he needed to stalk close because his effective hunting range was 20 yards.  Halfway though the program he said he needed to shoot to 40 yards if he was going to be successful.  He then proceeded to miss no less then 12 long shots, gut shooting a doe in the process in which they lost.  Finally, he stalks close and shoots a doe.

This was the last show I watched.  Not saying I'm perfect but I just couldn't see how this was good for our sport.  He made our equiptment look very inefficient.  Chad

Offline Thicket Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
I think we are giving this guy too much attention but thought I would add my 2cents. Sure he promotes trad shooting, but if that’s all I knew about it and saw how difficult he makes it and missed so much, I don’t know if I would try it. While I believe that killing something is not the primary reason I hunt, I wouldn’t do it if I wasn’t able to bring meat home or at least have a fairly high expectation of being able to make the shot. He obviously doesn’t pay for his trips or he would want a higher harvest rate. He strikes me as being a narcissist that got in front of a camera with a shtick that no one else has. He does hunt in some neat places though. I admit I do watch him but I can’t take him or his attitude serious as it is not realistic for most of the real hunters I know. Besides, my wife wouldn’t understand me only going trad if I never brought the groceries home. We like eating it too much and people look at you funny if you live on a diet of road kill

Maybe I just don’t have enough, “Spirit of the wild” in me.

Mark
Doing the right thing isn’t always the easiest.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get me.

Offline trh1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jeff Strubberg:
acting like an ass is not a good thing
:notworthy:

Offline Ron Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
How did he get a tv show. No one seems to know the answer to that . With all of the people that could do a show why him

Offline buck-tamer00

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »
how much do u guys think the network spent for his recent sheep hunt,which i'll bet anyone 100 bucks that he failed to acomplish1
I belive kids are the future....unless we stop'em now!!!!!!!

elchen recurve bow 47lb @28"

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »
Careful Christian...many will say the accomplishment was going on the trip.

Ron -- How does anyone get a TV show (I think everyone knows the answer to that)?  He is independantly wealthy...builds ships or something.  Cough up some dough and pick a host for your program.

I like the show...he reminds me of a Pal in our trad group...I'm sentiMENTAL that way.

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
brian,
   your mail box is full. Let me know if you still want that doz arrows and if you have sent payment. tom massaro
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©