Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: NFAA Possible Change.  (Read 650 times)

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
NFAA Possible Change.
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
I was reading the:  
 2010 Annual NFAA State Directors Changes to Constitution and By-Laws.
& read this article:
 Submitted by New Jersey NJ-1
Rationale: To bring more people back into archery. Currently many of the traditional archers do not shoot field archery
because of the 80 yard distance. By allowing states to modify distances for the traditional and bowhunter classes we might
be able to get more shooters at our field archery events. At a time when field archery is diminishing in number of
shooters, we should try different approaches to get more archers involved in field archery.
The sectionals and nationals would stay at 80 yards.
There are many traditional and bowhunting archers who don’t participate in the state shoots and this would be a way to
get them involved in outdoor field archery.
Page 32, Article II, Section H, Para 15.
For all tournaments below the sectional level, all traditional archers will shoot at Youth distances.

What do y-all think about this?

Youth stakes are a maximum of 50 yards.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline zetabow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NFAA Possible Change.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
I hear they have already tried this and it didn't make any difference to membership numbers.

I dont think it's fair on the existing Archers who are serious about IFAA competition, how can they seriously compete on the international Field circuit when NFAA dumb down the distances.

It takes a bit of work but those shots past 50y are FUN when you can get them consistently.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
I know what ya mean, look at my other thread where I tried my first ever Field round, my longer range shooting was not where it should have been.   :banghead:  

My goal is to make those longer range shots & when I'm on I'm not too bad out to 60 yards but we'll see what they decide.

At least their saying that the ruling will not affect the The sectionals and nationals where they still want the participants to shoot from the 80 yard stake.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline zetabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
I can understand it's hard to shoot those distances but when you learning Field you build up to those distances slowly during practice, the only way to do them it get out there and try, once you got youre Gaps and form it's just a matter of building confidence.

GREAT feeling of satisfaction when you can nail the 70-80 yards with Longbow.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
That is my goal is to be consistent out to the 80 yards, I just haven't had the string time that I need beyond 60 yards tis all, & trust me right now when I hit the Spot at 60 yards right now is a thrill.

Personally I hope that it get's slapped down because of the valid reasons you mentioned.

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
Changing the yardage rule is not going to attract anymore traditional shooters. At our club you can shoot the NFAA shoots for free if you are a club member and most don't for two reasons. The shoots take so long since you end up behind a slow compound group and the other is that they would rather shoot our 3D course which is also free for members.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline zetabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
Here in Estonia Field is big and Longbow is bigger 90% of Field Archers shoot Longbow, the Compounds get a 1hr head start at tourneys which seems to keep it running smoothly.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
The target distances of the NFAA field round were standardized in 1941. If those folks could shoot it with wood arrows and non-fiberglass-backed bows, I figure I shouldn't have a problem with a modern recurve and carbon arrows. Fifty yard maximum on a field round? No thanks.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Know what ya mean, I'm not at that distance but my goal is to be consistent out to 80 yards.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©