Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: My Experience At Rick Welch's Shooting School  (Read 1128 times)

Offline jabo

• Trad Bowhunter
My Experience At Rick Welch's Shooting School
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
I recently returned from Rick Welch's Instinctive shooting school. Even though I paid $500, I got $1,000 worth of knowledge. Not to mention a 51 point improvement in my 3D accuracy, that was in 2 days! If you are thinking about attending a shooting school, You owe it to yourself to seriously research Rick Welch.
Rick is a genuine guy who has a wealth of knowledge wanting to share his passion with others who have an opened mind. His technique may not be for everyone; but for those who would like to learn a proven method, I would encourage others to give him a call.

I am so confident in Rick's ability to teach anyone who is open minded, I will issue this public challenge. If you complete Rick Welch's shooting school, & you're not shootng better than when you arrived I will personally refund your $500.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, regarding Rick's school. Jason Turley. 304-993-8388

This is a video of my experience.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Experience At Rick Welch's Shooting School
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:  Glad you got better. Just keep at it. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
jabo, I issued that same challenge one time...and nobody took me up on it.  Glad you also had good results.  I still do not consider myself an excellent shot, but I improved very much.  An almost unbelievable amount.

Offline OkieJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
Warbow, Rick is a sponsor here and you posted  a negative response over on the wall. What gives?
 I would like to attend the school myself.

Offline jabo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Yep I'm best friends with Dave Mullins, and can never thank him enough for introducing me to traditional archery and helping learn how to shoot. Now I can thank him again for pushing me to attend Rick's shooting school. I am not an associate of anyone, only friends and would do anything to help a friend as well as other great people who I've learned shoot traditional equipment. I just want people to know that Dave was actually right--lol, and that Rick Welch is a great teacher who can probably help just about anyone, especially if he helped me:) And, yes I did post the exact threads on AT and the ***********. Is that Ok? Is there anything wrong with reaching out to people on the three Best Websites? And my offer still stands to anyone who wants to become a better shot with their bow.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Warbow, your comment seems a bit harsh to me.  If I had an archery experience that I wanted to share with the members of different archery forums, I don't see why I should have to compose original messages for each forum, if the same thoughts apply to each forum.  "Marketing spam" means thousands of advertising messages sent out to a list of people the sender has no connection with, other than wanting to get money from them.  Are you suggesting that Jason is trying to make some money off his post, or that he has some secret commission arrangement with Rick?  I don't see how copying the same message to post on three forums the sender is actively involved with has any connection with marketing spam whatsoever.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Northwest_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
I would even add this, since I believe word of mouth is the best form of advertising, if Rick offered his happy students a small kick back from anyone they turned on to his school, I can't see any harm in sharing his story as he has.  The only time publicly endorsing something like a school would seem shady to me is if they hadn't attended it or if they attended it only so they could get paid to endorse it.

I thought, in his video, Jason was very up front with the fact that he was a new shooter and he does only have two posts on this sight but I have never heard anything bad about Rick's school and am thinking about going to it in a year or so (still grooving in what I learned at Bob Wesley's school).

Jason, in your video I didn't hear Rick giving his normal "hold, hold" direction, is that still part of it?  I hear it on many of his other students videos.
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? **  My boys

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Butkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Jabo...pretty good infomercial there, fella. Sold me! Seriously, I would love to go to Rick's school. Keep in my mind, a dissatisfied student can just as easily post a negative report. All I see is positive results, though maybe Rick ties 'em all up and brainwashes them for a couple of days.
AL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
I am just curious, why all the angst?  You seem very angry, and I can't help but think there must be some underlying cause for this anger that you aren't being as forthcoming with.  You say you think "Rick's School sounds like a lot of fun" but post mostly negative remarks with the occasional caveats.  I thought Jason's post sounded very honest, and reflects the same sentiment as Jon Simoneau who posted right after your initial rant (sorry if this mischaracterizes your post).  Jon has been a far more active member of this board and that seems to carry a lot of weight here, and for as long as you have been here you have very few posts (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I guess to try to make a long post short, it sounded like Jason enjoyed his time at Rick’s school and you have something against Rick Welch.  I am sure you will argue the point but for the sake of space can you do it in less then a half a page.

"purport to disdain so highly" dude, you sound like Bill O'Reilly (who trys to sound like William F. Buckley but can't pull it off).
Michael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »
Kiefer,
What do you mean fishy?
Michael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
LOL... Good word of mouth is free advertisement and since I am a capitalist (as our country for at least the next few months)I support that kind of thing.  But more importantly, excluding you, because I asked you... I have gotten to an age where I get offended when someone tells me that a duck is a duck.  Jason's post was obviously an advertisement; I did a similar thing when I came back from Bob Wesley's school (mine wasn't nearly as well written as Jason's).  Bob didn't ask me to and I really don't care if Rick asked Jason to, the point is people post thing both pro and con about ever school I have heard of, I was just curious why Warbow exerted so much energy and venom in denigrating supporters of Rick's.

People make up their minds as to what school to attend (if any) based on many things, for me it is based on do I know anyone that went to it and what do they think... So this thread is an advertisement or it isn't, but arguing weather it is or isn't has kept it at the top of the shooting list for a whole day.  

Weather what we say is positive or negative it's advertisement.  I have never seen anyone that has attended Rick's school say anything negative about... But I haven't read every post on the subject yet.
Michael

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Kiefer,
Dave Mullins (waiting4fall) works for Rick Welch doing his website, I expect him to be over zeolous and would respect him less if he wasn't (not that I know him at all).  Why would "Mullins" bother you?
Michael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong... I agree people can go over the top and it could be that, with you Dave doesn't get a second chance to make a first impression.  But it does sound like you are open-minded and giving him the benefit of the doubt.  I don't want to subdue your suspicious mind (tongue in cheek), it will serve you well in this world to look at anything 2 or 3 times and read reviews and come to your own conclusions.
Michael

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
Warbow was removed from the site....bogus registration. And, he admitted to being a 'nuisance poster'.

He listed his real full name as 'N/A'.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
I asked him about that. Said it was for privacy or something, even though everyone else does it. Kind of creepy, he asked me about my avatar...  :confused:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Got a list of who does it?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
I mean everyone else lists their real name. Sorry.

Offline jabo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
NorthwestBowhunter-- Hey there! Ya he didn't say the famous hold, hold with me and I'm not sure why he didn't? Perhaps, that was not my worst demon? It seemed that my biggest frustration was finding that consistent anchor. I do realize that I find myself shooting a tad to quickly, and I need to keep reminding myself to hold at full draw for a tad longer; because when I do I am more accurate.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©