Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Wrist angle on drawing arm  (Read 471 times)

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Wrist angle on drawing arm
« on: June 15, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
It was brought to my attention last week while shooting that I still hold a traditional bow like I used to hold a compound.  With some correction, I notice the back of my wrist is much straighter now.  It feels odd because I just started with it, but I've noticed that I'm naturally grabbing the bow this way since the correction.  As far as my groups go, they are about the same as before, but feel more "solid" at full draw.  Could this be why I thought I didn't like low wrist grips?  I have much more pressure on the heal of my palm now.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Northwest_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wrist angle on drawing arm
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
Are you shooting a longbow or a recurve?
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? **  My boys

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wrist angle on drawing arm
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
Ahhh, the big question.  I started with a recurve, and presumably the reason I shot so good so quickly.  With the longbow in hand is where I was told I wasn't "gripping" the bow.  However, since I do not yet have my l/b (end of the month)I am practicing with a 'curve.  Am I asuming with a recurve, it is not as big of an issue?
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©