3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Keeping hands warm  (Read 335 times)

Offline Conan

• Trad Bowhunter
Keeping hands warm
« on: November 17, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
I shoot with a glove but during the colder weather I switch to a wool glove with leather fingertips. The grip and release are effected a little. When it gets cold I either stick em' in my pockets or use a muffler. I was thinking of getting the wooley buggers that Screaming Eagle used to sell. Has anyone used them, and would I be able to get away with a lighter glove and my regular shooting glove?
I'll keep My Money, Freedom, and  Guns - YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE".

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Keeping hands warm
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
I just use a light glove with a hand warmer inisde on the back of my hand. Doesn't effect my shooting.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
I just use fingerstall glove and keep my hand in a hand warmer ( the kind that looks like a fannypack )

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »
As a skinny guy with low blood pressure, the only sure way to keep my hands warm on cold mornings I've found is to turn off the alarm and stay in bed with my wife! (Sorry:-)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
I myself wear a light glove on my bow hand and I shoot a tab, so I put a couple of the air activated handwarmers in each pocket and keep my hands in there until a deer appears. They last for a good 4-6 hours and they have no scent either. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
I wear a shooting glove with a fingerless glove over the top and a full wool glove on the other hand. I just keep my hands in my pockets unless it's real cold then i use hand warmers like Shawn says.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »
I use the wool mittens with the flip open finger tips. Put my shooting glove on then into the mitten, flipper open when ready to shoot. Gets colder than that its time for the finger warmers!

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
I myself wear a light glove on my bow hand and I shoot a tab, so I put a couple of the air activated handwarmers in each pocket and keep my hands in there until a deer appears. They last for a good 4-6 hours and they have no scent either. Shawn
That's exactly what I do.

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
I wear cotton jersey camo gloves(with the fingers of string hand cut off) until it get too cold then I use the wool mitten without fingers. I use a super glove with them all. I usually keep hand warmers in my pockets also. Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Fallguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
I have not used the wollybuggers, but they seem like they should work well. If needed you could put a chemical handwarmer in them. Try e-mailing the "Short One" he has never been known to stretch the truth.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum  Conservationist

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©