3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone wolf sticks vs rapid rails  (Read 380 times)

Offline dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lone wolf sticks vs rapid rails
« on: November 17, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
How many here have experience with both the Lone wolf sticks and rapid rails? Which do you prefer and why? I have some lone wolf sticks I have been using for several years and just got some rapid rails. I can tell I'm likig the rapid rails better. Easier to carry and put up.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone wolf sticks vs rapid rails
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
I've had both.
I like rapid rails better but many like the LW sticks.
I like the enclosed steps of the rails and the setup.

I also don't like climbing things that have impaling parts. And as Ray Hammond (another rapid rail fan) so accurately stated:

"I like to keep all my insides "inside" where they belong...and all my 'outie' parts attached."

Offline JayE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
dnovo, I have both RR and LW sitcks.  I would rather climb on the RR's, but I think the sticks are a little easier to get up the tree as I can hang two from my climbing belt as I go up.  When using the RR's I use a rope and hook to fish up the last two rails and that's a bit slow. I'm using them with a NT Patriot stand and the LW sticks pack up a little more compact.  I think the RR's are a little easier on the bottom of my feet when I get in a tree where I take extra time to hang the stand. I think both are great systems and I'm still deciding which I like best.  JayE

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
I've used both,still using both.

They each have their uses,but overall I prefer the LW sticks,just a little lighter,and easier to fit in tighter places for me.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
No experience with the Rapid Rails, but do love my LW Sticks. The one thing I wish was the tread was visible from above.. Occasionally coming down in the dark, transitioning from one stick to the next, it would be nice to be able to see it.. I am thinking of filing the anodize off of one side of treads, to ss if that works.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
i have both lone wolf HANDS DOWN THE BEST, will be selling the RR after hunting season is over.

doug77

Offline Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
I have both and it is a toss up which ones I prefer.  Both types are light and compact enough to carry into the brush, though I believe the sticks might have a slight advantage.  As stated above, the enclosed steps on the rapid rails are real nice, but I used screw in steps for enough years that any difference is hardly noticeable.  For safety the rapid rails would get a slight advantage.  Overall it comes down to personal preference; give it a couple of weeks and you might find you like one type better then the other.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Rapid Rail fan here. Easy to attach and the boxed section for your feet is amazing. I've had muddy and snowy feet slide off the ends of climbing sticks (not LW in particular, just other's sticks that I have climbed) and almost sent me tumbling.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
I have both and prefer the Rapid Rails.
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©