Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Setting Knock height  (Read 414 times)

Offline cashhere

• Trad Bowhunter
Setting Knock height
« on: July 24, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
I have 2 Tomahawk longbows, one is 58" and the other 62". I find that bare shafting them the 58" shoots very straight at about .375 and I do knock up and not down. The 62" shoots its straightest at about 1/8" and I am quite confused. I must be overlooking something. Any ideas from you guys?? Thanks....Dave

Offline Northwest_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Setting Knock height
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
Funny, I knock up too... We might be the last two.  I don't see anything wrong with what you just described, I think hand made bows are a very unique piece of equipment and have their own preferences.  If it shoot straight, I would be happy.
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? **  My boys

Offline range52

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
I quit bare shafting and paper tuning and saved a lot of aggravation. I start with full length fletched shafts and try changing point weight before shortening shafts.

I was stressing too much before and now have tuned arrows and a lot less grief.

Hope this tip helps,

Good shooting,

Offline cashhere

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
I have gotten the spine weight (length and tip weight) end of things down to not as much pain through the years, but the nocking point has always been more of a pain for me. I am curious as to nocking up or down, the guys I shoot with nock down, I do feel nocking down would not be sensitive to arrow diameter. I appreciate you guys responding....Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©