Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: NEW AND NOT SURE  (Read 500 times)

Offline ECRESS

• Trad Bowhunter
NEW AND NOT SURE
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
ONLY BEEN SHOOTING TRAD FOR A FEW MONTHS.IM LT EYE DOM. I FOUND OUT BUT I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING RT HAND.SHOT REALLY GOOD FOR A WHILE,NOW ALL MY SHOTS GO 8" TO LEFT.GOOD GROUP BUT LEFT.JUST GOT NEW BOW AND CANT REALLY AFORD ANOTHER.WOULD LEFT HEL.FEATHERS OUT OF A RT HAND CAUSE TROUBLE?I JUST NEED SOME GOOD HONEST TRUETH.THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
H

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW AND NOT SURE
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
Ecress,Welcome no the fletching will not make any difference. How did you determine yourL eye dominate? Have you changed your arrows? Could finding out about your eye dominance be psyching you out if you shot well before?

Offline stevemfwills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
if your shooting instincivily it shouldnt matter
if we are not suppose to eat animals,then why are they made of meat

Offline ECRESS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
MY BOW IS A BEAR KOD. HUNTER 55LB 2016 AL. ARROW 125GR TIP THIS ALL NEW.STARTED WITH PSE BOW 4560 CARBONS.FLIPER REST THIS BOW CAME APART.[ BEAR 1970 MODEL BUT LIKE NEW]DID THE OLD FOCUS ON OBJECT BRING HANDS TO FACE TEST.ALSO WITH BOTH EYE OPEN AIM AT SPOT THEN CLOSE EACH EYE. LT EYE EVERY THING STAY THE SAME BUT RT THING WOULD BE TO LT.THANKS cbCROW
H

Offline s_mcflurry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
If you're confident of your form and technique then your arrows may be stiff.  If you have the opportunity, try heavier tips or arrows that are weaker (or both).
"Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that and just play."
-Charlie Parker

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 05:14:00 AM »
WELCOME to TRADGANG Fellow Hoosier!!  :wavey:   Are you anywhere  NEAR  a Range to shoot in?
   Not that these  FINE FOLKS  will ever steer you wrong, but if you can snag someone to kinda' Buddy up with for some "Hands On Knowledge", it  WILL  Increase Your Education 100%!!   :thumbsup:    :archer2:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
i'm with stevemfwills.if you are shooting instinctive of the shelf,with the bow properly tuned,eye dominace should not matter.i would look at your arrow spine.hope this helps,steve

Offline RocketDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
I hate to throw this in, but I'm becoming known for this tid-bit.  Instinctive is merely something you have practiced enough that you can do it without thinking.

I am left eye dominant and shoot right hand.  Many say you can change your dominant eye with practice and exercise by forcing your weak eye to take over.  As often as I think of it I make my right eye do the work  -- it seems that it does shift dominance, especially if you are aware of it.

When shooting, I occasionally squint my left eye to remind my right eye to take over.  Work on it and your right eye will strengthen and soon your sight picture will straighten up.  Takes lots of practice.  On the other hand, you can get used to your sight picture with LE dominant and just practice until you are hitting what you want.  

Remember, trad shooting, especially the instinctive style, is about you, the bow and the arrow becoming a working unit -- that takes a lot of practice.

How many years did it take you to teach your muscles how to throw a ball in the general area you were aiming.  With a bow you are aiming at a pretty small spot.  Takes a while to make your eyes, muscles and mind (distance) work together in an instant.

However, if you are not confident your bow is tuned right, it could be an arrow spine problem.
Blessed are the peacemakers

Offline ECRESS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
GUYS I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR ALL THE HELP!
H

Offline GREG IN MALAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
ECRESS,
 I am right handed, right eye dominant, but I shoot left handed due to incurable target panic. I close my right eye half way and the left eye takes over. Don't get discourged it just takes practice.
I didnt miss, thats right where I was aiming

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©