Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Rick Welchs' Glove  (Read 881 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Rick Welchs' Glove
« on: July 29, 2010, 05:05:00 AM »
I was just watching "Ricky Welch : Instructional Shooting Volume 2". Can  ANYBODY  :saywhat:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rick Welchs' Glove
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »
I know that Don Batten uses gloves that he gets from Ricky (Ricky's own brand as I understand it) and loves them. If Ricky has a web site you might check there, or pop him a PA or e-mail. Hope this helps.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
i thought it was a neet
i like biscuits

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »
It's quite possible that Neat (or some other well-known company) makes them for Ricky - to his specs/endorsement. I don't know that is the case, as I've never looked closly at Don's (being a tab user myself) but companies often do that with well known sportsmen/athletes in all fields.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
It's the Neet FG-2 calf hair faced glove that Rick uses.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
It works well for Rick, but it doesn't work well for me.  The glove is so thin I couldn't get beyond the pain.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
I have to agree Dave!
I tried one and it really makes my fingers sting. I got a great release the first few shots, but after that my fingers hurt so bad that I was plucking bad!
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
OH well, LOL - come to think of it Don said the thin aspect was whyhe liked it so well as it put him more in touch with his string, as I recall.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by McDave:
It works well for Rick, but it doesn't work well for me.  The glove is so thin I couldn't get beyond the pain.
Yep, Rick must have calluses on his fingers that a guitarist would envy. Really smooth but entirely too thin.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Hmmm......Does Rick have a WebSite? I will scope it out, if all else fail,  "GOOGLE 'EM""  hahaha The Glove Just Looked Comfy from the Top Side, but I cant  SEE  the Release Tips underneath.  THINNER  Just Might Be What I Need.
  Thank You  ALL  for Your Input!!  :readit:    :thumbsup:  
        Have A Great Weekend Everyone!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
Here ya go. I added this to the store sometime ago. I use them, & am very happy with them.

http://shop.dakotabows.com/product.sc;jsessionid=7F9FCA9D20E600D038DE641696234FB3.qscstrfrnt03?productId=19&categoryId=1

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
There ya go, shakes - now the word right from Dakota Bows (a sponsor here BTW). Thanks, Dave.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
What I like about them is they is they are good or wore out. I get about three months out of one. I shoot some every day almost. Once the hair starts wearing off, I throw it away and grab a new one. I find that they need no breaking in and feel the best the first time I put it on. Kinda like a new pair of socks. Does take some time to build up your fingers, because they are thin. I got no complaints with this glove. don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
Now I can remember all that you said about them, Don - LOL - I knew you had only good to say about them, and that you kept more than one pair on hand. I will add that I don't think very many folks shoot much more than batman. Probably a lot here shoot as much but there are only so many "arch of the arrow" times in a day   ;)  . (I keep extra tabs on hand too - it's a must, IMO)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NJWoodsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
I used to use a Neet glove with the smooth tips, comfortable but it didn't make me shoot like Mr. Welch! Then one day I was getting really inconsistent shots, and discovered the glove was too worn. I switched to a cordovan tab, end of problem. In the long run it's actually cheaper than throwing away worn gloves.

Offline brinkwolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Real similiar to my Black Widow glove. I like theirs because they have longer finger stalls on them are very durable and not that expensive. I use the model with the cordavon over lays on them but they come plain also.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
I have tried numerous gloves over the years and even some expensive ones.  Tabs have remained a resounding choice.  I have been shooting Rick's glove lately and have finally found a glove that agrees with me. The feel of the string and the smooth release immediatley caught my attention. I shoot 5 -6 days per week and haven't noticed any discomfort. The glove hasn't converted me, however I no longer need to look for a glove that works for me.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline amazonjim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
brinkwolf,

Which glove do you like an describe Rick's or the Black Widow

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
The glove Rick shoots is a Neet calf hair FG-2L.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©