3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: killed a doe this a.m.- but now I'm mad! Pics up!  (Read 766 times)

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
killed a doe this a.m.- but now I'm mad! Pics up!
« on: November 17, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Had a great morning in the woods with 9 deer in close...7 does, a button buck and a little 6 point. The last doe came by at 10:00 and I double lunged her and watched her drop less than 25 yards later! All is......was good. I have some nice bucks running this property and I save my one antlered tag in hopes of taking a big one. Hunting again this evening and heard gunfire on the north side of the property. Thought it might have been on the next place north, so I stayed put until dark. As I left the place, I came up behind a truck with a HUGE buck in the back....mass, width and the side I could see clearly had at least 6 points. I have had trouble with these 2 guys before, came close to gettin' down in the gravel a couple of years ago.
I didn't actually see them on the place, but my buddy and I saw lights on the north side when we were walking out (I figured it was my brother-in-law's nephews as they are the only ones that have permission to be there). To top it off, one of these guys is a state cop and he is real quick to tell you about it (he's the one I 'bout clocked awhile back). Not really anything I can do about it now (sugar in the gas tank....nope it ain't the trucks fault), but I needed to vent a bit! Think I will sleep in tomorrow and go to church, then cut up my doe! Oh, I shot her with my Widow LAG, 59#@28" a weighted up 600 grain Beman 400 with 200 grains worth of Snuffer on the front end! If anyone wants, I can post a photo or two tomorrow. Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: killed a doe this a.m.- but now I'm mad! Pics up!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
congrats on the doe,i usually find headless deer in our fields.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Congratulations on the doe   :thumbsup:  Thats too bad about the buck but there will be more were that one came from.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
Real sorry to hear this man. It seems this kind of foolishness knows no boundaries. It happens here in Mississippi too and similar situations have caused me to quit hunting in some of my favorite places, even one that is my families private land. It is disheartening to say the least and puts a huge wet blanket on what otherwise should have been a great day for you. My symapthies go out to you, which don't help much. I hope that in time you have an opportunity to repay the slobs kindness.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
Good job mike! Show us some pics!

You still shooting that lefthanded longbow?  Next time I see you, lets string it up backwards so I can shoot it!

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
great job Mike.....know what you mean about some cops think they are above the law and better than everyone else. Gives good cops a bad name. you can also put stupid fat judges in there as well
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
Congrats Mike!!

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Congrats Mike!  I'm very, very happy for you.  Grandkid on the way, and a deer hanging on the meat pole  :thumbsup:  

And, yeah, post pics.

Stan

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »
Way to go twin!   :thumbsup:    :clapper:  

Ya know there are some things you just can't do much about. For your own sanity, get mad for a little bit then forget it and go on with life.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
This is the first animal I have taken with a Snuffer.....the results are impressive!

Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Snuffers got to love them.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
great job,to bad bout those other guys.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Awesome shot, and a good deer.  Know exactly what you mean about the trespassers.  We have 350 acres of family land and some of the neighbors and their friends don't respect the boundaries either.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »
Nice doe!  Poachers out in the public land I was on yesterday too.  It is youth shotgun season in Ohio, but there wasn't anyone in their group less than 25 years old or so with them.  They had guns and two deer with bullet holes.  I only had a bow...didn't say anything because I was a little outgunned. There is also the fact that two dead deer don't equal risking my life. I called it in later.

-Charlie

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
trail cameras high in the tree or just a posted sign that says if you can read this your photo was taken. Makes them think was there one or not.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
nice doe. I feal your pain, found a headless buck on my property last weekend   :mad:    :mad:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
love them snuffers

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
Good going on the doe well harvested. On the other thing; remember that line in the prayer "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive thouse who trespass against us." For your own peace of mind try to look on them with forgiveness and compassion. I'd rather have the honestly harvested doe then their sleepless nights.

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Congrats Mike!

For those of you who don't know Mike,,he is a big,ugly,ornery and loveable kind of guy. In fact my daughter calls him "Teddy-Bear". OOPS! sorry Mike I didn't mean to let that slip in front of everybody   :(  . If he really wanted to, he would of had the trespassers feild dressed and quartered before they even knew what had happened.

You did well to hold your temper Mike and have earned more respect & grace for it. Your day with a bigg'n will come and you will have many friends there to celebrate it. For now be proud of the excellent shot you made on this doe and know that you have taken her fairly. Also be proud of the fact your out there successfully with a bow & arrow during the first weekend of Indiana gun season !!!  That is an accomplishment in itself!
Congrats again friend!
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »
congrats on your doe!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©