3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: orangeless woods soon  (Read 362 times)

Offline hardwoods

• Trad Bowhunter
orangeless woods soon
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
tomorrow here in illinois the gunners will be gone for a couple of weeks - hoorah. but, in all seriousness, i have seen more bucks in my hunting area the day after first shotgun. noone hunts too close to me and i think that the deer use my area as a sanctuary. so tomorrow morning could be the day of all days?? good luck to all and enjoy it while you can.    p.s if i post a pic of a buck tomorrow evening then my theory proves true - like thats gonna happen....

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: orangeless woods soon
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
our ORANGE INVASION just started yesterday, still a couple weeks to go  :(  . I like to stay out of my woods in hopes they use it as a santuary to get away from the lead slingers. Opening day of gun season used to get me excited, now I find it depressing.....Hope a couple make it thru!

Offline schnitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
what part of illinois you from

Offline hardwoods

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
amen on that td. southern illinois here

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
I Agree with trapperDave.

Here in Michigan, the DNR claims there are around 750,000 firearm hunters. Why do 95% of them come to hunt in my county?

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
I can use my bow during gun season. So even though I too must wear orange so I don't get mistaken for game, I say bring it on!!
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Gentlemen,
I am one of the orange invaders and not a bit ashamed of it.  As much as I like to fling my arrows I like to take steady aim behind a good rifle or slug gun, too.  You all know they, we, are not going to shoot all the deer with the dreaded thundersticks nor even all the best ones, either.  Bows are great and I hope we never see the end of their use but the reality is the DNR's and Fish and Game commissions know that the stick and string will never regulate the herd necessary to keep it healthy and in balance.  Plus, how are we to keep the sport of HUNTING alive with just the tradbow?  If I am going to pull the trigger I would rather have a loud boom to it.  But the majority of bow hunters want the simplicity and ease of pins & peeps, 80% letoff and mechanical releases.  I don't, you don't but THEY do.  And if THEY loose interest in this pursuit we all loose.  So whether it is with a gun, a doohinkybowthingcontraption or our beloved bare bow we need to be glad there are others out there HUNTING.  Inconvienent maybe but they are our support system.  
BTW, The Youth Deer gun season was this weekend and yesterday my 16 year old son shot his first deer, a 7 pointer, and this morning I witnessed my 17 year young son shoot the 6th deer of his career , a large doe.  After getting the doe cleaned, skinned and hung in the garage with the buck I donned my orange vest, as the law required, and walked my hickory stick out to the woods to finish the day.  We had a great Hunting weekend together.

Offline defiant 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
I wish i had the option of hunting with a bow buring bang season,but in Nebraska you don't.
tomorrow starts the bow season bakc up,and i will be in the woods again!

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
I am with the other fella that doesnt care much for the Indiana gun season.  I am not 30 years of age yet and can remember when gun season was exciting, a chance for us to see some deer we may not have seen before and the it usually means a good rut this time of year.  I wish the DNR in this state would take that into consideration, lower the number of days the gun blasters get in the field and move that puppy out of the rut.  But thats just a bowhunter talking.  I really despise the gun season in this state and cringe when the clock ticks over on opening day.  After passing up smaller bucks all morning with my dad they ended up walking into the gauntlet and as they ran across the field you could tell how far away they were getting as the guns continued going off.  Just sad thats all.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
Yay! I hope to sneak out one or two days this week myself! Might snow after tomorrow!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
"Here, Here," IL bretheren......

I had deer aall over me from a week ago Saturday through Thur. evening.  I did go out with a gun more to patrol my property then anything else.

I'll be back in the stand the rest of the week.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©