3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zephyr Broadheads?  (Read 629 times)

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
Zephyr Broadheads?
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
I was paging through my 3Rivers catologue and saw these broadheads and wondered if any of you guys or girls shoot them? I was looking at the 150 grn Sasquatch. Anybody have any input? Thanks.
Bret M. FullER

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zephyr Broadheads?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
My brother just purchased em and man thats a huge head!  I can't wait for him to shoot a deer with em b/c they look like they will put a hurtin on something in a hurry!

Only thing I didn't like was they were the glue on which have been converted to a screw in to fit his carbons.  He wasn't aware of that and they have broken off in the target several time and I had to take pliars to em to get em out.  But a little more glue and they were good to go.

Also razor sharp...hair shaving sharp actually...right out of the package.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
I have a set of the Zephyr Scirocco's and they are awesome!!! They fly great and are scary sharp right out of the package. They have a smaller cutting diameter and weigh less than the Sasquatch. This year I think I am going to switch over to the Sasquatch. Curtis Keller sure likes them. Take a look at everything he has killed with them. And look at the holes these things make!!!  :eek:  

Bill

Offline foudarme

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »
I tried the sciroccos...razor shaped out of the box, easy to resharpen, they fly perfectly well on a well tuned bow but they are very noisy during the flight, maybe because I didn't used the bleeders..so I let them down..

Offline Stripstrike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
I got a large bear this spring with a Sasquatch with bleeders.  The bleeders broke going in because I busted a rib but the head made a huge  hole  and was just fine after I dug in outa the animal.  They are big and real tough.
"I wish someone would have introduced me to this sport 20 years ago."

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
Check out the thread- "Tarzan has a good 'un down!"

You'll see that our leader Terry Green has some firsthand experience with the mighty sasquatch!

Stripstrike, that's exactly what a bleeder is supposed to do when it hits bone- break off or bend so that the main blade can continue to penitrate beyond the bone. Another plus for the Sasquatch! Great heads.

-Sharps
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »
I have been shooting the Sausquatch broadheads for over ten years now and have killed deer, bear, bison, impala, nyala, red hartebeest, and zebra with them with excellent results every time.  Never had a issue with penetration or durability and they do make a great big hole in critters!  :thumbsup:  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »
Killed 2 deer with Zephyrs this year. One with Scirroco and one with sasquatch. both are good heads.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »
Since I started shooting the Sasquatch I had to rethink my thinking. I always worried about the steep ratio on the Sasquatch and my light weight bows. I quit worrying when the arrow started passing through everything I shot. I've shot a truckload of game with them in the last two years including hogs, deer, javelina, goats, sheep, coyotes, and a bear. They are a hell of a killing head that comes factory scalpal sharp. Try a pack! You'll like em! CK

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »
PS. If you use bleeder blades they may break. Bleeders afterall were originally designed to cut a bigger hole in the hide and then break when they hit ribs so the arrow would continue to penetrate deep. This was so the skin and hair wouldn't plug the hole and create a small blood trail. I had a passthrough on my bear and the bleeder was still intact and sharp. Sometime they don't break if the ribs are soft like a bear. CK

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
I have been shooting the Sasquatch heads for some time and I love em.  They cut a huge hole.  None of my recovered heads needed more than a touch up to be back in shooting shape.

I shoot them from 45-55 lb bows with great results.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
How do the bleeders stay in do they clip/click in so that if shot into a target, they will remain in the bh when pulled out?

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Good question, Smallwood. Do the bleeders stay intact while target shooting? Thanks for the rest of the input, fellas.
Bret M. FullER

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 03:22:00 AM »
The bleeders go through a slot in the ferrule.  I have never shot them into a target with the bleeders on them.  If you are shooting the broadheads okay the bleeders are small enough that they won't make any difference in arrow flight.  Eclipse broadheads use the same bleeder blades and I shot one of those through a big Australian boar, the bleeders worked great and they are brittle and will break or shear off if the hit something hard.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©