Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Question about aiming on game???  (Read 919 times)

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question about aiming on game???
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
What does split vision shooter mean?

Offline Encino Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
I release when my arrow is on target. If that's when I come to anchor, great. If I have to wait a few seconds to get there, than I'll do that.
Fox Archery "Red Fox"
53# @ 28" 64" longbow
Browning "Safari II"
44# @ 28" 60" Recurve

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by coachA:
What does split vision shooter mean?
I'll give it a shot.  Gap shooting is focusing on the tip of the arrow and the target and aiming by knowing what the gap between the target and the tip should be for a given distance.  

My understanding of split vision is this:  The line of sight is one line.  The line the arrow points along is another.  Split vision is adjusting the line of the arrow to some imaginary spot above or below the target in your line of sight.  i.e. If the arrow had a lazer pointed straight ahead out the tip - where would that dot be showing up if the target was two-dimensional on a flat surface?

But I may be wrong.  Every time I read H.Hills description of it in Hunting The Hard Way I get more confused.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
use what works best for you.....like some have said ...when I decide to shoot, I just look at the spot I need to hit......never look or think of anything else.....works for me on game because I stink at shooting 3-D.....
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©