Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Why do i always hit left?  (Read 917 times)

Offline gvdocholiday

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why do i always hit left?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
There's a possibility you may also be lacking consistency with your grip pressure...maybe putting a little more heel into it.
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Online Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
I thought of one other thing that hasn't been mentioned that certainly proved to be an issue for me.  I found that when I moved from a bag target to the 3-D deer that I was peeking at release to see where the shot went.  This slight lift of the head will cause a left hit.

Online Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Oh yea, one other thought.  If you overdo the "push" part of the push-pull at release you will throw them to the left.

Offline Xavier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by calgarychef:
When I bought my first recurve I got 2117 arrows....all i could afford was 1/2 dozen.  I hit left and I mean way left like 10 inches at 20 yards.  After a couple of years I started playing with spine and suddenly my arrows started moving into my line of sight.  

So my biggest question to you is "are you sure your arrows are spined correctly?"
I recently experienced this exact same thing... albeit i was shooting all over, not just left, but 2117's were way too stiff (my error in reading spine table with incorrect draw length and my #51 wasp actually shoots #47! i found out after the fact)
So i just ordered 1916's - after a friend (thanks Marco!) helped out, loaned me lighter arrows and immediately group got much tighter.
FWIW the 2117's were also making contact/causing noise on the shelf. I knew something was off, but didn't have the experience/knowledge to pinpoint it. (Thanks Marco!)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©