Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 429 times)

Online anchorman

• Trad Bowhunter
HELP!
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
I recently changed my anchoring system, before I had what I would call a soft anchorpoint. It was in the same area but not exactly the same place. I have worked on a hard anchor and more consistent but the problem now is I can't seem to hold on target or even get on target before I start releasing. Is there any drills or as anyone else had this problem? At this point I am about ready to say the heck with it all..Don't let me do that.lol....Thanks for any ideas...

Offline BowsanAiros

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
Sounds like the dreaded TP.. (target panic).. Search it out.There has been many topics on it....You may find some solutions...

Offline tjfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »
I like to get close to the target....like 5 feet and close my eyes, draw, anchor, relax, and then release. My focus is on my release. Slowly relaxing my fingers, letting the string slide off the tips.

Offline Big Bird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
I had the same thing.what tjfish said.also I took a 30 lb bow shooting, that I could hold on target for 3 seconds,before shooting and this helped also.TP is bad stuff but you can get over it.I to was like you,ready to give up on shooting.but if you work at it,it can be over come.

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
I changed my anchor focus from my middle finger at the corner of my mouth to my index finger on my cheek bone. Much more stable for me. To get used to it I would draw the bow and focus on my anchor and not release. I did this about 3 times and then put the bow down and went through the same routine a couple times a day for a couple weeks. I still go back and do it periodically. It helped me make it second nature so it just happened and I could change my focus to where I wanted to hit.

Good luck

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©