Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: which bow for the clicker?  (Read 712 times)

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
which bow for the clicker?
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
I have been having some major short draw/TP problems lately. My 3d scores have dropped about 100 points in last few shoots so I broke down and bought a clicker. I have been reading a bunch on here about clickers latley. My question is would you guys put the clicker on your hunting/3d bow or a back-up bow. At this point I will try anything. Thanks, Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: which bow for the clicker?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:06:00 AM »
If you need it then you should put it on whatever bow you will be shooting for now. I have Friends that have them on their hunting bows.

Besides the clicker make yourself a formaster as well. you'll be back to normal in no time.

Good luck

Offline Shane H

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
Be aware that you probably wont be able to shoot as many arrows as before. The clicker will wear you out because you will be at full draw longer each shot. That being said, I would put it on your hunting bow and work into more shots.

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »
Every bow I own now wears a clicker. I can truthfully say it is the best piece of archery gear I have ever purchased.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
Guys,

I shared a few ideas on clicker setup over on tradtalk.  The thread is called "slicker clicker".  

There's probably as many ways to use these as there are users, but if you get one idea it's worth checking out.

Offline stickbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
OK Passthru - just did a search for "slicker clicker" did not find it. Can you post that thread/link?

Offline stickbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
oppps just reread ---different BBS.

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
I don't want to post a link, but I did move it to the top over there. It should be easy to find.

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
How do you guys manage to bury your anchor to make the clicker go off when you are having trouble reaching anchor? I sometimes have a problem where I let go as soon as I touch my anchor. I still did that with a clicker on my bow. Especially if I was shooting multiple arrows at the same target, I shot faster with each shot. I guess what I'm saying is if I was able to draw far enough to engage the clicker on every shot I wouldn't need a clicker.

Offline stickbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
then Plain and simple you do not have the clicker set up correct. You should pull to anchor and just 1/16" more and it goes off. That final pull is your back tension as  far as I can describe it.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
got my clicker setup with a few of the modifications suggested. My back and brain are tired but what a difference! Amazing how fast a bow is when its actually drawn to its intended length. I appreciate all the help I have received here. Got a feeling the clicker might put the fun back into my shooting. Thanks. Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
Rob,

When you are learning to use it, make yourself pull through it each and every shot.  A clicker is only as good as your self-discipline to pull through it in high pressure situations.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Passthru:
Guys,

I shared a few ideas on clicker setup over on tradtalk.  The thread is called "slicker clicker".  

There's probably as many ways to use these as there are users, but if you get one idea it's worth checking out.
I just read your post over on the other site. I have been using a clicker for 20 years, I don't shoot without one. I really like the way you serve the bowstring and tie the clicker cord "around" the string. I will be using that little trick later this afternoon!  The one complaint I always have is when I adjust the brace height, I always have to re-thread my clicker cord through the bowstring.....problem solved!    :clapper:

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
Did you catch the adjustable draw lenght?  That nock point threads up and down the serving.  It's pretty cool if I do say so myself.

I'm glad you got some use from it.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
Absolutely! I do my tie on nock points the same way.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©