Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Hitting 12" to the right....Please help !!!!  (Read 979 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hitting 12" to the right....Please help !!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Your arrows should be hitting a little closer than 12" even if they are a tad out of tune. I would try a stiffer arrow to see if it moves you over some. I would also try to pad out the side plate as well. But before you do that,get someone to watch your release. Alot can be told by someone just watching you.
And by all means get closer to the target. Get your set-up together before trying to shhot at a distance. The farther you go back the more your form is critical. Give us an update.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Are you allowing your bow arm to move right as you release? Movement normally happens at the shoulder, with a dynamic release.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
The most common form of collapsing is allowing the shoulder of your bow arm to relax at the time of release. the bow arm must continue to push the bow toward the target untill the arrow reaches it's destination. Very common problem especially when you begin to tire.

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by wasapt:
Sounds like you need to build up your pad on your riser and make it thicker, to me....
Yeah.....what Bryce said. Double sided carpet tape from Lowes.....ten bucks for a lifetime supply.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline EHK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
I find that I sometime shoot right if I lean my head too far right.  I don't look at my arrow shaft to aim, but I do have it in my peripheral vision and use it for left/right alignment when shooting - maybe that's some kind of aiming, but....  If I lean my head to far right, then my right eye is no longer over the shaft which causes me to move the bow further right to think I'm on target.  When this happens to me, I stop canting the bow temporarily and shoot more upright.  then little by little, start canting and leaning my head again.

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanks for all the good info guys ! I will take all the sugestions into consideration and surly get this resolved.
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
Like some have already said, "Move up closer to the target" at least untill you figure out what your doing wrong.

That is if your doing something wrong. You may need to adjust your fire a little bit from further back.

Its really hard to say without seeing you shoot some.
A trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Big Fisherman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
Take a practice shot with your index finger just barely touching the string.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©