3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ohio Bound  (Read 4711 times)

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ohio Bound
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
Cool story T J. I enjoyed meeting you as well and look forward to many hunts together. Too bad I can only take one other guy to the private land tomorrow.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
That's alright I'm stuck working    :banghead:
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steve in Canton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Jt if you ever want to hunt that land again get ahold of me.  I hunted there with Dave and Kenny last year and would love to hunt it agian along with kenny.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Very cool - sounds like a great day.  :-D

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
Loooooooong day!
Left the house around 3:30 am, picked Dave up at the hotel, drove to nearly Marietta, Oh. Got in the woods just at day light. Flocks of Robins and other small noisey birds kept me on my toes for the first 2 hrs.
Usually by 9, at the place I was, is when it's been most productive. 9:30 showed up but the deer hadn't. I was gettin antsy to get moving, as the frost melted off and the leaves were wet and quiet. I made my self stay a little longer.

Off in the direction where I'd left Dave, I heard a deer blow," Busted" I thought. Then I heard scurrying headed my way. I was on full alert. Then I saw movement, brown hide slidin through the brush. Then it stopped at 20 yards, broadside, slight quartering away. Drawing back, dang brush in the way, better not, doesn't feel right. Oh wait, there's another, stops behind brush, first one moves behind tree, second one still behind brush, lean back slightly to see if first one is coming out, second one moves into opening, draw back, dang brush again, I might be able to get through there, better not try it, uh oh, big eyes spotted me, stamping right foot the game is up ,gone!
Kenny

of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
You guys are having way too much fun...keep it up!  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »
That's good excitement there!!
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
sounds like you all are at least seeing deer. I hunted yesterday and saw nothing again.

I should have just came up there with you guy's!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
Good stories! I'm living through you guys right now, my little one has been sick for three days.  Nothing serious, just a virus. I have been sitting at home with her and lurking around here.  I'll get to hunt later, keep up the good work gentlemen.

-Charlie

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
Joe I'm having about the same luck here. Yesterday neither my wife, son or I saw anything. This morning I saw one button buck. I think it's the moon.I'm going to go back out today from 11-1 or something and see if they are travelling mid day.

One more day before armagedon   :scared:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
GREAT STORY AND PICS.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
All that and only one pic & two stories....

Was it Dave that spooked the deer to you?

Did Dave ever get a shot off or see any Ohio bucks? Bet he was too busy thinking about turkey dinner.   :biglaugh:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
There should be plenty of Pics and stories later. Just got home and need to get at it. I thought Kenny was going to post the teaser pic for you of something dead.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »
WELL!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
I was but I've had time issues and now I have camera issues.
Kenny

of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
I have a lot of typing to do so I'll post one picture to wet your appetites for when we get to the end.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
Well at least we know how this one ended!  :thumbsup:   Now you can drag the rest of the story out till next season!  LOL!!!
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
ALL RIGHT!  :thumbsup:  

Can't wait to get the details. I know Ken has tagged out on the bucks, so Congrat's Dave!!!  :clapper:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
Okay. Kenny already filled you all in on the tags and assorted Sundries so we'll skip to the day one hunt.

T.J. and Kenny are supposed to be there at 6:30am so I go out at 6:00am to check on the weather. It is about 55 degrees out and the wind is blowing sheets of rain straight sideways. Figure I'll learn real quick how serious the youngster T.J. is about hunting. I know Kenny is dumb like me and will show up.

Go back out at 6:30 and they both pull in, good starting marks for T.J. We do the cursory introductions and load in. Next time I ride with T.J. I need to spray some PAM around the doorway of his car so I can get into it. I was not a good fit but managed to get in.

We followed Kenny to where we were hunting for the morning. Kenny was kind enough to take a pic of us (T.J. is standing about 8 inches up the bank behind me so we can see his face too. lol). Seeing how T.J. was dressed I knew he was in for a rough day. The temps were supposed to drop about 30 degrees. Wet, windy and cold don't mix well with fleece on the outside. A lesson learned well by him that day.

Kenny said goodbye and T.J. and I got down to business. I gave him some idea of the lay of the land and sent him down a side trail that goes right through an area Kenny had jumped deer in a week before. I headed up the hill and things got fun.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
The lower area of this hunting grounds is made up of a mix of evergreens and hardwoods. Excellent turkey roosting area, but Kenny had already told me there weren't any turkeys in here so I had passed on buying a turkey tag    :banghead: . So of course I start to hear what must be helicopters all around me, no wait, it's a flock of turkeys coming down from roost. At least a dozen and the first one comes down about 5 yards n front of me and just stands there. 4 more are about 8 yards to my right and a few a little further up above me come down. Aaaarrrgghhhh!!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©