3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Mackinaw vest by Filson ????  (Read 331 times)

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Mackinaw vest by Filson ????
« on: November 19, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
I was looking at getting the Filson Mackinaw wool vest and was wondering about their size chart.

How does the Filson Mackinaw vests fit? DO they run small or is the size listed the actual size.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mackinaw vest by Filson ????
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
Id say the sizing is accurate.I have 2 one in black for everyday and one in green which Im never without in the woods.I believe mine are 48s which fit me very well and I wear xl shirts.

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
McGeeM:

I also own the Mac vest. I have found Filson's sizing chart to be dead on. As an aside, I'm sort of a walking/talking Filson catalog. I have used and abused various Filson products for over a decade and their products are among the best in the industry. Competing in an environment where businesses come and go, Filson must be doing something right to have stayed in business for over a century.
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline Longbowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Yes their sizes are accurate.  Nice thing is they offer numbered sizes like a suit so you can get an exact fit.  Their quality of construction and materials is without compare.
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
I have a Filson coat and pants in the timber camo. I am sure they will out last me. I considered a matching vest but ended up buying a 5 button army surplus wool sweater off the auction site for $5 instead. These sweaters are very well made and add a nice layer of warmth under my Filson coat. On really cold mornings I wear two of the sweaters.

Offline stickandstring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
Yeh, people will always buy quality. Made in the USA.
Let it fly ->>------>

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
Very accurate on the sizing and as far as wool, not any better out there. I have a double mackinaw cruiser that is 27 years old and it has seen a lot and still in great shape, it has been sewed a few times, but that is due to me and my bunny huntin'. Guys who know me will tell ya how I hunt rabbits and what I go thru. I wear out a pair of heavyweight cordera brush pants in one season, I know guys who have the same brush pants for ten years, not if ya want to hunt with me. Buy the vest, great investment.  Shawn
Shawn

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the input guys. I'm putting the order in today.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©