Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: I want to thank tradgang  (Read 506 times)

Offline flippnsticks

• Trad Bowhunter
I want to thank tradgang
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
ive have been shooting wheels for 15 years. I was hunting one day and took a buck @ 52 yards. It  didnt feel right. I switched to a recurve. I have been reading this section for bout a month. my shooting has went from hope it  hits to u bet i can hit that. Im shooting a 1971 Bear grizzly 50# @ 28inch, beman mfx classic 500s mangus 125gr snuffer screw in. 3 under( now split i was all over the place) im holden groups 2-3 inch with broadheads @ 15 Yards so far. thanks for all the great info. all the post in this shooting thread is helpfull. thank everyone for posting  :archer2:

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I want to thank tradgang
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
I in the same boat as you. I spend as much time as possible on here and just read read read. I occasionally post, but I still new enough I don't know a lot. Just stuff from personal experiences. Good luck and welcome to trad archery!     :thumbsup:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline shoothathang

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
Welcome.I'm the same way,too.I've been shootin a few months.Don't post much,just read n learn as much as I can.This is a great site with a lot of great people

Offline flippnsticks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
im looking at getting a new bow. im trying to figure if a take down recuve or a one piece. i have a single piece now and love it. do they shoot diff? any help would be great. my groups are tight, im comfy with what i have the traveling is a little hard with a one piece. what does the great people of trad gang think shooting wise of this?

Offline BigStriper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
I don't have a Take Down Bow,mine are all 1 piece Bows as I like the slimmer clean lines of a 1 piece,I don't think it makes any difference as far as shooting if it's a 1 piece or a Take Down,just get a Bow that looks and feel's Good to you,AND I see a lot of Take Down Bows that Hardly Ever get Taken Down,meaning that most people hardly ever take them apart unless they change Limbs for a different Weight,so get what works for you and have Fun and Good Luck,

Kurt

Offline Norminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
I have two old grizzlies and a 52" Kodiak on the way.
Luv the old bears
Norm from Canuckistan

45#,50#,55#,56" Bear Grizzlies
45#,54#,52" Bear Kodiak Magnum
55#,58" Vintage Works 62 Kodiak
55#,62" Tomahawk

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
I own one take down and one 1 piece. I've owned the takedown for over a year and have never taken it down. But I haven't hunted out of state with it yet either. One of these days I want to get to CO and hunt elk. If I can help it I'll leave it in one piece. But the option is always there if you need it. BTW one my one piece is SO much lighter.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
I agree...this site has helped me through my new journey into traditional archery. I spend as much time as I can on here. There is lots to soak up!!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
sometimes the advantage of the take down is that it is heavier, a higher in hand mass, this helps to stabilise the bow better.
a lot of the top shooters shoot take downs( not always the case though!!)
google rick welch.
there are some takedowns out there that are very slick, and kinda one piece looking. i am using those design ideas to build my first take down longbow. i have only built wooden bows to date( board bows, laminated bows and self bows) i like them all- but as a general rule, they are a bit tougher to shoot,- less forgiving, but a great learning point!!
good luck
wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©