Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Who shoots bare finger and why  (Read 382 times)

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
Who shoots bare finger and why
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Went to the range and took a few shots without my tab. The off is so much more consistent. Grouping tighter then ever at 20 yards. Only thing is finger pain. shooting a 50lb @28 recurve. Can only shot 4-5 arrows in a volley. I actually made a small finger spacer out of a piece of plastic tubing and velcro. I think I'm going to keep working with it to see if I can build up the fingers. Also using a deep hook at the finger joint. Would like to get some thoughts.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who shoots bare finger and why
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
I normally hunt bare finger. Only because in Florida it is usually so humid during archery season my glove will get sweaty and start slipping off my fingers.
I shoot up to my 80# longbow bare finger, could probably shoot the 100# bow bare, but haven't really tried yet. Never have had any finger pain using bare fingers, some folks caution about nerve damage. I've never had any problems with pain, yes it does seem to result in better grouping at times but not always. You can always wrap your fingers with white surgical tape to protect them till their toughened up a bit.

I tend to shoot 10 shots then rest my fingers when practicing. Love hunting bare finger because it is one less thing to have to worry about if not using my glove.

Have never been able to use a tab, can't get use to the thing hanging on my hand and getting caught on things constantly. That's why I've always either used a glove or bare fingers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©