3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 7th age bowhunting  (Read 6043 times)

Offline Longbows4life

• Trad Bowhunter
7th age bowhunting
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:54:00 AM »
what do you guys think about it the ones who have been there. were are they located. also how was the hunting there thinking on planing a hunt just would like to here some experiances(sorry for the spelling0

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 7th age bowhunting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 01:24:00 AM »
Erik.........Top of the heap   :thumbsup:  

VERY VERY Trad Bow Hunting set up and they go the extra mile to accommodate and give ya more than you expect!

Offline Bacote Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 02:53:00 AM »
Have not had the pleasure to meet CK yet but I know well the parta of the state he is in. Lotsa hawgs and javalina's. Lots a thorns, cactus, rattlesnakes, scorpions, you name it. Beautiful, rugged, and dry country. MY FAVORITE !!!  :jumper:
Bob Lee Heavy Weight. Burled Bubinga/Black Micarta 55# @ 28". 58"

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 03:29:00 AM »
Have hunted with Curtis on several occasions. Plan to do so at least once a year from now on too. I think I had at least one shooting opportunity every day that I hunted with him. Curtis has places all over Texas depending on what species you are after. Ask about his bowfishing opportunities as well.

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline Keystone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 07:47:00 AM »
My buddies and I will travel to West Texas, from Iowa, the end of Jan. to hunt with Curtis. I have talked with CK on the phone, exchanged several emails and it appears he is working to set up a very good hunt for us. He also appears to be a serious Traditional Bowhunter.  

Erik, when we return I will get in touch with you and let you know our experiance first hand.
Roger

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »
Let's just say your search for an outfitter in Texas is over.  You can keep looking if you want, but you won't find any better.  
Not sure what you are planning to hunt, but Curtis knows what makes a good hunting property and will do you right for whatever you are after.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 08:04:00 AM »
I have hunted with Curtis in the past and had wonderful oppurtunities and good comradarie.  I have two hunts booked this spring with him as we speak.  I guess that tells you right there that I like what I see.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »
Other than being height impaired,  :jumper:  CK is your answer for any Texas hunt.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »
Curtis is a class act. I hunted with him on a west Texas hunt,Never met him before and he made you feel like you had known him all all your life.Very personable and even though he was sick he showed us a great time and a great hunt.We saw lots of animals in a fair chase situation and each of us had at least one shot.The only thing that would hold you back is your ability so be prepared,both physically and shooting ability.Above all he is honest and will give you a hunt just as he describes.When I told my friends I was going on a hunt with someone I met over the internet they gave me funny looks. I have been going over my schedule trying to figure out when I can go back!   Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »
I'm biased, Curtis is a dear friend. However, even if he wasn't, he would be the guy I'd turn to if I wanted to hunt Texas with a stickbow. Not only is he one of the finest people I know, he is one of the best hunters I've ever met. And the places he has private/exclusive acess to are a bargain at his prices. You will not be sorry.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
I've hunted with Curtis 3 times in TX for hogs and javalina, always had a blast, ate good, and had plenty of critters to chase.  He works his butt off to make sure everyone in camp is taken care of....what ever the needs are.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »
I have only talked to him on here and in email, I'm plaining to go down to Texas to visit some family and stop in for a hunt with him.... I have seen some of the pic's of the land he guide's and since I used to live in Texas I know what kind of county is out there... I can't wait to meet Him face2face, and hunt with Him too.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the positive response to Eric's questions. As I read though the replies it was as if I was thrust through a wonderful kalidascope of hunting memories with old friends and new. Thanks for helping me remember all those great hunts. I remembered each of your animals, each of your fireside tales, and even remembered some of your phone numbers because of the friendships we've developed. Can't wait to meet even more new friends in the year ahead.

Ben, your Ewe couldn't have looked more tired than you even though she was dead.

Joe L, I'll not ever forget dropping you off at the pond the first time we met and the recovery of several of your animals that weekend.

Brian H., I remember your sunburn the best. Javelina in the closing minutes of a long weekend and the Illegal Aliens along our travels.

Wingnut, Memories of our best laid plans working just as we'd planned them.     :D     Remember watching Jason stalk pigs in the moonlight? I love a bloodtrail in the darkness.

JC and Terry, Too many great memories to tell them all. Dang sure too many animals to talk about. I was with JC when he shot his avitar javelina.

Rabbitman, I ain't talking!!!!!     :saywhat:          :bigsmyl:    

Roger/Mystic/Vance, I'll see you all very soon! CK

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »
DO NOT hesitate to book a hunt with Curtis, he will go the extra mile for you, a really top notch and honest guy, he'll do you right ! I had multiple shot opportunities every day, I'll be back !
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »
:scared:   I just went into memory overload.

Thomas, I vividly remember the beauty of that one Mouflon the best, although I seem to remember about 10 critters you and your group shot. I still smile every time I think about Patricks rendetion on the snake encounter and stalking beans on isle 5 of the grocery store. See ya next week my friend! CK

Offline Joe Subler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »
Curtis,
I've been thinking of going after either a Mouflon or a Texas Dall.  Do you have any pics of these and can you tell me what time of year would be best for these?

Thanks,
Joe
62" Mohawk  53#@27"

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »
He knows a thing or two (or five hundred) about hogs.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
Sure Joe! I see that you are from Ohio so I'd say it would be best for you to come before June. The animals aren't like deer and they don't have a rut that I've seen. I'd say come when the time is best for you. Please not Feburary. Everyone from the North is trying to book Feb. Here's my favorite Mouflon picture. Of course his hair is gone.   :bigsmyl:  

Here are some crossbred sheep with mouflon bloodline. They cross fairly readily from what I've seen. Sheep and goats are still fairly new to me. I'm still learning......

Maybe Thomas will post a pic of the Mouflon he shot while hunting my Pecos River Ranch. CK

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »
You won't be disappointed,Curtis is as good a hunter as you'll ever meet and a great guy with endless enthusiasm!!!  

Finally got the chance this spring to hunt with him,it was all I thought it would be and a lot more.

Proud to call that little guy my friend!!

Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »
Oh wow, You guys are really bringing back some fantastic memories!

I certainly remember rolling out of my bunk, wiping my eyes, and checking my ears because I thought you said "I shot a nice hog"! LOL! A very memorable trip Jason! A hell of a fun tracking job too! What about the night before?
  Isn't this bow in the Bowyers Journal this issue?

:D    And of course Guru! A definite highlight of the entire year finally meeting and sharing some great hunting after many key strokes shared over the years! I'm still very grateful that your leg and your spirits have recovered! CK

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©