Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Three Under Anchor Question  (Read 606 times)

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
Three Under Anchor Question
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »
A few weeks ago I decided to try thrr under. I started shooting in March of this year and went with split as I thought it was the only way. I had played with 3under but never really considered it. I shot in a tournament series earlier in the year and came second overall to one of my shooting partners who happens to shoot three under( he recently switch to two under) Any way on to anchor question. I was consistantly low when using forefinger on corner of lip, tried middle finger and groups came up a little. I talked some with my friends to see if they could help. I am know using the arrow knock as my anchor and my forefinger tucks nicely onto my chin. I have had amazing results at 30 yards and in but kinda struggle at anything past 40, still hit target but not tight. Anyone else use type of anchor I tried to explain? For what it's worth I'm shooting a Hoyt Buffalo set at 52# tilled for 3 under, 28" draw using CE Heritage carbons cut to 29.25", 3 5" feathers, 125g tip and factory inserts, they also fly great with 125g Phantom BH's.

Offline zetabow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Three Under Anchor Question
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:13:00 AM »
corner of mouth isn't the best anchor position, soft tissue makes inconsistent shots, bone on bone is better, for me top finger on cheek bone and thumb groove fits into lower Jaw bone for a double anchor.

Groups at 30y is very good, it takes some practice and a little time to build the confidence for good groups on longer shots,just be patient and let it happen over time, if you try and push the accuracy you might run into problems.

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:34:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply, it makes sense. I'm keeping my shots to under 30yards as for now as season starts in 6 days(for me). I plan on trying different styles of shooting over the winter to just try everything to make sure I find what works best for me.

Offline zetabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
Dont try too much all at once, you can stray from the path and can be hard to get back onto that path again.  

I would keep expanding the distances slowly, what I do is Walkback training, one shot and take a stepback or two back and take another shot,keep doing until accuracy drops off and start Walkback again, try and keep a mental note of how you're doing and you should be able to see some progress over several weeks/months.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©