Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: tooth "clicker" success!  (Read 664 times)

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
tooth "clicker" success!
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Hey guys. I have been battling target panic ever since I started shooting trad. I Just couldnt settle into the shot before releasing. I always thought a clicker would help but I shoot my self bows and didn't want a ugly metal clicker on them. Also from what I hear often times once you remove a clicker many people start experiencing target panic again.
Well I anchor with my index finger nail behind my canine and I experimented today with using the tooth behind my canine as a "clicker." I just continue to pull untill my nail touches the next tooth back. And BAM! a clicker that wont make my bow look ugly and one that is permanent! I just started this method and I love it! although it does take awhile to get a shot off at first,   :archer2:   I can draw and hold on target with complete confidence. I am no expert but maybe some of you who anchor in a similar way and are experiencing tp can try this. It may be there for you to use

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tooth "clicker" success!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Sounds like you've found a solution Lee.  Hopefully at this anchor you're in pretty good alignment and then it's just a matter of tuning your arrows/bow to shoot vertically dead center with your new draw length if that needs to be done.  Good luck!
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
thanks Green. Yeah it takes a long time to get a shot off right now because im still learning. but thats a whole lot better then not being able to hold at full draw for more then a half second due to tp. also I used to collapse and creep and all that bad stuff and now every shot my string arm is moving backward at release

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
Enjoy the amount of time it takes to get a shot off....it makes you feel just that more certain that your arrow's going to impact where you intend it to. It'll take some time to build up your endurance, but keep at it and in 3 or 4 weeks it'll be ingrained in your muscle memory and you'll be happy with yourself...and your shooting.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
Thanks I think I will. Your right tho, it doesn"t take more than a few shots before i"m wore out!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©